World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
South Coast Forum Moderator
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a boat fishing report, but I rarely get the time to look at other sections of this site (unfortunately 'cos I enjoy it) and I particularly feel that this one is relevant to recent shore reports.

Went out yesterday with Rob, his lovely wife, Joe and Edgey (Henry) on Pete Churchill's boat (Seabreeze), out of Southsea Marina. Lovely day, beautiful weather and really good company :clap2: .....only downside was that it was a pretty crappy tide, but the day made up for that really.

First mistake we made was allowing Pete to join the friendly pools (£5.00 biggest and £5.00 most fish!! lol). However, we set off with the intention of fishing as close to the popular beach mark as we could. We anchored off Eastney about 500 yards from the bus shelter and things started quite well (after a short blank spell). I managed to race into a good lead with 3 fairly quick fish on my mega bead (cry if you lose one) wishbone rigs, whilst Rob and Pete managed one each. :)

That was it for me for the day, sadly:schmoll: and the fishing got pretty hard after that. There was almost no tide and what had started at high at about 14 foot, descended to a low of 6 foot (!!). The ever resourceful Rob managed a couple more by 'laying up' with a float and Pete managed a bonus fish (the biggest of the day at 2lb 9oz!!) by using the same method. I tried it as well but failed to add to my tally.

I am pleased to report that Henry finally managed to get a couple (the first was his first ever plaice :clap3: ). Only Joe blanked, Rob's better half managed one and Rob and I shared the 'most fish' pool with 3 each. On a really hard tide, I think we did ok....I certainly had a really enjoyable day and cannot wait to go out with Pete again......One of the nicest skippers I have ever been out with and very helpful too. :notworthy .

Piccies should be forthcoming, but if you can't wait....I understand they are now available for viewing on Rob's excellent diary.

Regards All.

Andy. :kissing:

·
Registered
244 Posts
It Was A Slow Day For Me As Well I Was Fishing Further Out On The Blocks And I Only Manage One ,do You Mean Moonshine The Charter Boat

·
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It Was A Slow Day For Me As Well I Was Fishing Further Out On The Blocks And I Only Manage One ,do You Mean Moonshine The Charter Boat
Yes mate.... great skipper, great company.....****e tide. But a great day really, all circumstances considered. :clap2:

Andy. :kissing:

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Yep, Moonshine. Ross and Valkyrie was exploring also, and I think they took nine fish. Also spotted them sitting just outside the entrance to Langstone harbour, on another of the old traditional spots. Hope you werent the owner of a large white Benettau that came steaming through him about ten yards of his starboard bow. Ten years ago (maybe longer, age is catching up with me!) inshore of Eastney was a regular spot fo charter boats, but none have tried it in recent years because any plaice that were there were postage stamps. After the return last year of decent fish, and how it was looking thi s year, we thought we would take a look, and it is looking good. Stops them horrid beach anglers taking all the fish......

Andy, cracking report, as we all expect these days!! Look forward to your company again soon. Plus Henry of course. Where would we be without his anal banter.... (you know what I mean......) Got some piccies on the diary now, can send you the hi-def originals if there is anything you fancy. Just having baked plaice for tea.......

·
Registered
55 Posts
Lo Rob and Andy,

Nice report mate - Two of us were fishing there very luckily twice this week absolutely beautiful weather and almost flat calm and clearing water - know again prolly not quite right forum to say this but had two cracking days and the one the Wed. ended up one of 16 boats fished till the flood and moved over by about a mile and half into another hotspot in the "Bay". Not much happened 'till the turn of the tide really but then it was actionstations ended up with three keepers of 2.5lb lost two good fish and had a few schoolies too. As we were out of Chichister we toddled off around 3.30 but absolutly fantastic days out. Even got sunburnt Doh!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Lo Rob and Andy,

Nice report mate - Two of us were fishing there very luckily twice this week absolutely beautiful weather and almost flat calm and clearing water - know again prolly not quite right forum to say this but had two cracking days and the one the Wed. ended up one of 16 boats fished till the flood and moved over by about a mile and half into another hotspot in the "Bay". Not much happened 'till the turn of the tide really but then it was actionstations ended up with three keepers of 2.5lb lost two good fish and had a few schoolies too. As we were out of Chichister we toddled off around 3.30 but absolutly fantastic days out. Even got sunburnt Doh!
I was there wednesday to what boat were you in m8?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi there Needlescodmaster,

We were in the 33 ft Blue Lochin called "SIlver Fox" - although she is normally a charter boat and the skipper is a mate and we often if he is not out on a charter pop out for a Jolly but it was very busy there Wed so we toddled off at the turn of the tide from " The Blocks" over to a mark in the bay.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Hi there Needlescodmaster,

We were in the 33 ft Blue Lochin called "SIlver Fox" - although she is normally a charter boat and the skipper is a mate and we often if he is not out on a charter pop out for a Jolly but it was very busy there Wed so we toddled off at the turn of the tide from " The Blocks" over to a mark in the bay.
we were outside of you by a couple of boats.

·
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good report Andy.
Is that your answer? If you cant cast far enough get a boat?:)
Cheeky!! But Errrrrrr.......................YES!! LOL. :kissing:

I am far more experienced in the boat fishing lark (rather than shore) too, which helps a tad.

Regards.

Andy. :)

ps. Debs has not forgotten the offer of crabs John (Ha Ha!!).

Laters. :clap3:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts