World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with one of my 525 mags, it wont retrieve. On switching it into gear the handle is locked up and wont budge. Before I strip it down tonight I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem
and how you went about fixing it. Thanks.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Dale. I'll have a look at that tonight. Tomo not the most constructive reply but thanks for your wonderful insight anyway.

·
Registered
456 Posts
get rid mate there crap get the sha
Wonderfully informative post there tomo maybe you will consider another post that has an explanation of what the first one meant? :wacko:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gary bearing should be in the right way round as it was casting fine the last time I used it. It was after a cast and I had to retrieve I noticed the handle wouldn't budge. So perhaps as Dale constructively replied maybe the bearing has siezed
solid. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
iv had some 525s in the past with the spool bearing seized on the shaft and the bearing that the handle shaft turns on was seized but the anti reverse bearing was fine after a clean up, its plastic inside the bearing so dont know if that can seize might just have some dirt in. id just strip the whole thing and put every bearing in lighter fluid and grease it back up and oil the bearings. or it might have something jammed in the coggs so it cant move best bet is take it apart and give it a good going over.

heres what i used for stripping the reel..

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=744.0

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dale,

thanks mate. Got the reel stripped down and was scratching my head as to what to do next. Top link saved in my bookmarks now. This is why I joined this forum. Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts