World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to Fish ramsgate pier today as I only had a few hours spare and conditions looked as spot on as u can get for the pier, dirty water and a good bit of surf.
Baits were rag, lug and squid.I ended up with 5 small bass,none for the pot though and a flounder the size of a 10 pack of ****.someone down there was telling me you can't catch bass during the day on there! 1guy and his grandson next to me had 5 small plaice

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi mate I see your post recently about fishing down the wall so that's what I done today, thankyou.I did miss a huge take In about 2 ft of water aswell down the wall

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Hi mate I see your post recently about fishing down the wall so that's what I done today, thankyou.I did miss a huge take In about 2 ft of water aswell down the wall
I found using a flounder spoon has helped, some of the takes have been hit within seconds of the the bait hitting the water, I think the fluttering of the spoon looks like baitfish as it's sinking, also small fox attractor blades above the hooks.

Saw a fella float fishing for bass down there as well.

Have a go down there, 1st light or in darkness, I had a better schoolie of 2lb 4oz in darkness, in a couple of feet of water again on light tackle, not a monster of a fish by any means but a good scrap on size 4 hooks 3 yrds off the wall:drunk:.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts