World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok folks

Just done Ten days shore fishing in NORWAY NAMELY SKarsundet AND BESSAKER...

Been back now a week and thought i would do a on blog ON OUR trip.
The party was up of:-
Our man Jammie shammie "TIM", Graham "Tim", Joe from Mexico "Tim", Bird man "Tim", Woody i don't wash or change myh clothes for 11 days "Tim" and my good self " Taff with a gaff Briitney spears "Tim".

For the record the baits we took were king rag worms, FrOZEN and fresh peeler, fish baits and some frozen blacks. A lesson learnt from ourselves ( same as back home I know) take spare dried peat and newspaper to prolong the life on your rag worm.

We hired a mini bus which would be ample space for 6 guys all taking minimum of 2 suitcases, rod tubes ( not essential as Phil Dales as ample decent rod hires- century CME'S) HAND LUGGAGE ETC....
Cost for mini bus hire was less than £90 each for ten days)

Got to the base camp Thursday afternoon - Skarsundet where we all shaired a large appartment - 2 beds in each room.

As there were six of us, some days we would split choice of venues to parties of three fishing two venues each. This was sometimes due to venue better fished with two or three, but mainly to find what was fishing best and during what times.

There are no doubt millions of un tried and fished venues to fish as Norgies dont do much shore/bait fishing, however Phil has several proven venues to guide you to.

THE KNOWN VENUES we often fished were the pier - a ten second walk from the digs. This venue is so under rated its untrue. Woody who is primarily a lazy so and so had two twentys in two days here fishing into a whole a decent lob into over 200 feet of water with fish baits. He had a record/near recored lumb 20lbs plus and a 26lbs + cod here

Attachments

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The other venues were - my favourite the slip way where i have always had good sessions- January this year i caught 6 cod up double figures on a washed out white slimey bit of rag worm, once getting a double hit on a pennel lol.
The slip way could hold a match it that big. Here we had coalfish to 10lbs plus see pic

Attachments

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Other species at the slip way we had were haddock, huge whittings up to 3lbs 6 oz pic to follow......
( Phil do you have a pic of my Whitting that Joe Joe from Mexico took?)

when Joe and I Fished slip way the other lads fished "JAMMIE SHAMMIE THE ONLY FISH IN THE SEA IS A COD" Favourite mark which is called "Straumen" here is the ideal place to try and catch yourself a shore caught on a shad cod. In fact Steve Ace from Veals has had a 28lbs on a shad.

Jamie Shammie, Taff with a gaff, Graham, Joe from MECCICO, Birdman all had doubles from "Straumen -the biggest fell to frozen peeler crab to Shammie - 17lbs plus. In fact i would say this trip that frozen crab was Jammie shamies best bait - here is a pic of the bset fish off this venue:-

Attachments

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We also had a few bashes at Stuarts point, for me this holiday was all about species and scratching to see what I could catch.
So Stuarts was flatties for me, I tried in vain for a late plaice here but did not get one however, I did have a small "Sewin" - sea trout to the none Welsh- on a toby lure- sorry Phil i lost your fav 20g silver toby here.( PHIL HAS A PHOTO OF MY MONSTER SEA TROUT LOL).
We has huge dabs, codling up to 8lbs-FALLING TO OUR Our Graham "tim", black mouth dogfish, rabbit fish?, whitting, poor cod to name a few..

To be continued................... when my pics arrive oin email from Phil Dale............

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Hurry up Herbie!! Been waiting ages for this report mate!! :)
Looks like you had a brilliant trip so far though :thumbs:

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love Bessaker it official - i may even take My missus there- sorry did i swear then??

(We did loads in between like catch several polock upto to and including two doubles and several snapped me up, mine from the pier and Joes from under the stanchens).

We got to Bessakker on the Thursday, Jamie shamie tim, Graham Tim amd woody Tim fished a point we stayed on the breakwater. I had a blinder - it was a case of golden balls lol

I had monster 2lbs dabs and double shots to.

I had my prIme target a plaice - about 3lbs.
Jumbo jumbo maCkeral
Cod and a small halibut of 7+lbs which i tried and tried to revive but wouldnt go back...

Attachments

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bessaker has it all...............
un tapped islands
shoals of cod and pollock which u can watch take your lures off the pontoon, jumbo makerall that take 6/0 baited with monster bait intended for halibuts- and my do they go.

Sea eagles, hand feeding otters, plaice, dabs coalies all virtually un tapped, every session we as good as outfished and out thought the boats men.

Joe from meccico had some Halibut action with a near ten pounder, Jamie shamie had a five pounder and Graham Tim gay boy had the biggest off the pier a 23lbs Halibut, i have to say with a tear in my eye that i have a suspicion Grahams was nearly mine as i was given the run around off a big fish when it dropped me - only to find a half chewn up codling dead on my line...............................

Attachments

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Top stuff m8, blinding trip you had there with some cracking fish

Cheers for sharing:thumbs:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts