World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had plans for a crack at the Huss this weekend but again the Weather Gods had other ideas with a 25mph plus S/W wind forecast.
We had this covered & the 100 plus fresh worm Tony had pumped meant we could have another go for the Cod & Bass.
We were on the pier for 4.30pm which was just before low tide which would give us chance to have a look at any sandbars & gulleys
Think looked promising with a big sea running & a couple of the local shrimpers out with there trammel nets
20181008_012115.jpg

So we grab one of the front pegs & get our gear & brews sorted as we wait for the tide, rigs are our usual 5/0 pulleys.
Just after 6pm our 1st worm offerings are sent out & we sit back & wait whilst being battered by the wind which was slowly increasing with the building tide.
Within 15 minutes Tony has a decent bite & soon has a schoolie on the score card
20181007_183918.jpg
things are off to a good start!
An hour or so later with no further action we decided to move round the back- casting back towards the shore but comfy as we would be out of the wind.
Baits continually came back untouched but finally an hour before high water i get a bite & reel in a blank beating Doggie
20181008_012216.jpg
then its back to untouched baits nearly every cast.
We persevered, catching the odd fish till an hour or so after high tide before we sacked it.
20181007_223226.jpg
20181007_223402.jpg
20181007_232643.jpg
20181007_231918.jpg

This week Tony has the bragging rights with a Bass, a Doggie & a Whiting.
I had a Doggie & 2 Whiting.
Shane had a Doggie & a Whiting.
We'll see what next weekend brings.
Tight lines.
Rick;)

·
Premium Member
6,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Em,
Just need the weather to stay settled for a few days now & hopefully have a crack at the Huss this coming weekend.
Tight lines.
Rick;) xx

·
Registered
248 Posts
Well Rick looks like we beat you this weekend. We caught plenty of doggies and dab at our usual place (Red Bank Road) Bait was live yellow tails tipped with squid. We caught more fish on the flood. We were aware of the forecast that said the wind would pick up at high tide. We fished the Sunday morning tide. The wind certainly did pick up, we think you can't fish the wall or beach above 15m.p.h. so after two hours of the ebb we called it a day. One bonus we retrieved an anchor buoy (second one this year) another item for the man cave.

·
Premium Member
6,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers Ebo,
Another month or so & i'll be happy with a good blow & a big sea but there's still a good chance of a few more Huss yet- just need that wind to stay below 10 or 15mph & give the sea a chance to settle down a bit.
Tight lines.
Rick;)

·
Registered
567 Posts
We had plans for a crack at the Huss this weekend but again the Weather Gods had other ideas with a 25mph plus S/W wind forecast.
We had this covered & the 100 plus fresh worm Tony had pumped meant we could have another go for the Cod & Bass.
We were on the pier for 4.30pm which was just before low tide which would give us chance to have a look at any sandbars & gulleys
Think looked promising with a big sea running & a couple of the local shrimpers out with there trammel nets View attachment 1122883
So we grab one of the front pegs & get our gear & brews sorted as we wait for the tide, rigs are our usual 5/0 pulleys.
Just after 6pm our 1st worm offerings are sent out & we sit back & wait whilst being battered by the wind which was slowly increasing with the building tide.
Within 15 minutes Tony has a decent bite & soon has a schoolie on the score card View attachment 1122885 things are off to a good start!
An hour or so later with no further action we decided to move round the back- casting back towards the shore but comfy as we would be out of the wind.
Baits continually came back untouched but finally an hour before high water i get a bite & reel in a blank beating Doggie View attachment 1122887 then its back to untouched baits nearly every cast.
We persevered, catching the odd fish till an hour or so after high tide before we sacked it. View attachment 1122889 View attachment 1122891 View attachment 1122893 View attachment 1122895
This week Tony has the bragging rights with a Bass, a Doggie & a Whiting.
I had a Doggie & 2 Whiting.
Shane had a Doggie & a Whiting.
We'll see what next weekend brings.
Tight lines.
Rick;)
Nice one Rick. Glad your still getting a few. The count down for winter is on mate.

·
Premium Member
6,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers Jay,
Yeah mate- Winter's on its way but the summer fish are still around at the mo though probably not for much longer if this unsettled weather carries on.
Tight lines.
Rick;)

·
Premium Member
6,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well Rick looks like we beat you this weekend. We caught plenty of doggies and dab at our usual place (Red Bank Road) Bait was live yellow tails tipped with squid. We caught more fish on the flood. We were aware of the forecast that said the wind would pick up at high tide. We fished the Sunday morning tide. The wind certainly did pick up, we think you can't fish the wall or beach above 15m.p.h. so after two hours of the ebb we called it a day. One bonus we retrieved an anchor buoy (second one this year) another item for the man cave.
Hiya Southshore,
I reckon we were a day too late with our sesh as the pier apparently fished well on the Saturday- Sods law i could only fish the Sunday night.
Well done on having a decent sesh on the wall.
Tight lines.
Rick;)

·
Registered
23,129 Posts
Tough session mate, would have been a lot tougher if you were on a beach though. It must be nice getting tucked in behind there out of the wind, hot tea etc. You've got a great spot there

·
Premium Member
6,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tough session mate, would have been a lot tougher if you were on a beach though. It must be nice getting tucked in behind there out of the wind, hot tea etc. You've got a great spot there
Hiya VB,
We're a bit spoilt really as no matter what the wind direction there's always somewhere on the pier to get out of it.
Can't grumble too much about the slow sesh as we've had some cracking do's on there this year so probably due a grueller or two anyway.
Tight lines.
Rick;)

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Nice wee Bass for Tony, Rick:cool2:
maybe put them Whiting in the freezer for some late year Tope/Huss action;)

Still ye all caught fish, but the Doggies, i swear, i caught one with my bare hands at the weekend, telling ye:BigGrin: ask Jonny:wink:

Roll on the next outing for us all Rick:thumbsup:

Mark...:whistling:

Reactions: Huss Hustler

·
Premium Member
6,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice wee Bass for Tony, Rick:cool2:
maybe put them Whiting in the freezer for some late year Tope/Huss action;)

Still ye all caught fish, but the Doggies, i swear, i caught one with my bare hands at the weekend, telling ye:BigGrin: ask Jonny:wink:

Roll on the next outing for us all Rick:thumbsup:

Mark...:whistling:
Hiya Mark,
When the weather's like that beating the blank is just reward & any fish is well earned.
Looking at the forecast it should be settling down for another sesh after tomorrow/Fridays Hoolie.
Tight lines.
Rick;)

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Aye Rick,
getting a bait in the water can be a test alone haha on some nights.
Still, its what we do and Hells high horses would not stop us:X3:
what with crashing and mud swimming, between us Rick,
i"d say we have been in a right few fishing connected kerfuffles:rolleyes:

Mark...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts