World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw some guys inspecting this when I was fishing yesterday. Thankfully they didn't seem to net much. Then off they went and left it in the middle of the beach - no warnings it was there and no details of ownership. Anyone know if this is right and proper? Wouldn't have liked to get entangled in it in the dark.

DH

Attachments

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
It should be clearly & plainly marked (preferably with Dahns) & the name, address, phone number of the owner clearly displayed, if not, & it is left unattended it is illegal, ring South Wales Sea Fisheries they will inspect it, & if its illegal, remove it, but dont you touch it!;)
blueskip

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
lloks a bit dodgy to me, you should have taken a knife to it!!!!:uhuh:

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I reckon it was some folks from the Broughton caravan park - came down on a quad bike with two young kids. What worries me is that it would next have been exposed in the early hours of the morning so they probably wouldn't have checked it until lunchtime the following day - leaving whatever was caught for the seabirds to have first pickings. It's also completely indiscriminate and there was no option to return anything not required. There are also seals frequently in the area.

Anyone with an outboard could have had a right old tangle.
I would have called the fisheries folks but as it was a Bank Holiday seemed unlikely anyone would have been on duty......

I think I read a while ago on this site that the fisheres folk read these forums so there you go: straight down from Cwm Ivy, Good Friday. The photos tell the story.

DH

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
i would put a knive right through the thing or heaped it up and doused it in petrol and put a match to it:)

·
Registered
865 Posts
If it can raise more than 4 foot then it's not legal !!!!

from the pictures it looks like it can raise a hell of a lot more than 4 foot, therefore I suggest that you contact the Sea Fisheries guys asap to let them know exactly where you saw it, so that they can go and either remove it or speak to clowns that own it.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I wouldn have thought twice i would have put a knife to it straight away! i hate those d1cks!:yucky:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Well said we as anglers should all stick together and do something about this netting problem cuz nobody else seems to:uhuh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts