World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been previous regarding the clicking when turning the handle then engaging..its the black and gold classic 7ht

What my problem is that ive stripped cleaned and lighty greased as what id normally do and still have the same problem, pinion support is also fitted...its doing my head and im unsure of the problem! Can anyone shed any light on the matter? It appears one of the arms aint getting touched by one of studs in the bottom of drive shaft below the gear.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
It appears one of the arms aint getting touched by one of studs in the bottom of drive shaft below the gear.
Is that not answering your own question?

How the mechanism actually goes into gear depends on the starting point of the handle. If you start turning the handle at a certain point one of the arms will actually have to be triggered twice for the thing to go into gear so you may hear 2 or 3 clicks before the reel goes back into gear. So long as it actually goes into gear it may not be a fault.

If it is failing to go into gear and only hitting one of the clutch arms all the time it could be the mechanism out of balance. If you had the springs etc apart try swapping the left and right side springs over ... although they are supposed to be exactly the same you often find that the mechanism will only sit right if you get the springs in their original side.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Q
Is that not answering your own question?

How the mechanism actually goes into gear depends on the starting point of the handle. If you start turning the handle at a certain point one of the arms will actually have to be triggered twice for the thing to go into gear so you may hear 2 or 3 clicks before the reel goes back into gear. So long as it actually goes into gear it may not be a fault.

If it is failing to go into gear and only hitting one of the clutch arms all the time it could be the mechanism out of balance. If you had the springs etc apart try swapping the left and right side springs over ... although they are supposed to be exactly the same you often find that the mechanism will only sit right if you get the springs in their original side.
Ive tried swapping the springs, it was the first thing I tried but to no avail unfortunately.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
Your going to have to work out why exactly its not working than. The other thing that often happens is the arm get pressed down towards the set plate they are on and the trip pins just go over the top of them ... tweaking them with pliers so they sit up will often sort things. I spend half my life fettling these things ... they are a constant niggle once they've had some use. Sometime you have to admit defeat and just replace the set plate.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Your going to have to work out why exactly its not working than. The other thing that often happens is the arm get pressed down towards the set plate they are on and the trip pins just go over the top of them ... tweaking them with pliers so they sit up will often sort things. I spend half my life fettling these things ... they are a constant niggle once they've had some use. Sometime you have to admit defeat and just replace the set plate.
Jees u can’t buy info like that- fair play Russ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts