World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been told to get 1 of these pinion supports for my 7ht,

http://www.blakdogtackle.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_92&products_id=626

thats what i have been looking at and just thinking where it would go? does the star drag need to come off to fit it, or do i just remove the circlip thats underneath the handle bolt. i removed the circlip and the washer under the clip but still dont know where it would go. is it to support that bar the circlip is clipped on to? and does it fit inside the little hole as the bar seems like it moves abit.

could anyone tell me where it goes please.

cheers people

·
Registered
381 Posts
Gary get one from Blakdog tackle ,it will come with instructions,I thik you only have to remove the circlip and washer but have to leave the washer out on the Blakdog kit as you won`t be able to get the circlip back on otherwise.
Rod.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah im just going to buy 1, il find out where it goes when it arrives lol :) i think it does go under the circlip and the washer. but in the picture it looks abit big and that hole is tiny so the picture must be zoomed in. that little bar the circlip goes onto does feel abit wobbly so would imagine it goes inside there.

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
yeah im just going to buy 1, il find out where it goes when it arrives lol :) i think it does go under the circlip and the washer. but in the picture it looks abit big and that hole is tiny so the picture must be zoomed in. that little bar the circlip goes onto does feel abit wobbly so would imagine it goes inside there.
Remove keeper plate, handle nut and circlip ... bit of grease or oil on the support pin, slide down between driveshaft and pin (or bar as you call it) and simply put the bits you took off back on - done job :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Contact Mick, Mick's Tackle, Hythe, Kent, as he is the originator of this device.

I bought 2 from Mick, a lot cheaper than other suppliers, pinion suports turned up with full set of instructions.

Contact number for Mick can be found by searching on google.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts