World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
'Blast Beach Veteran'
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you own one of these be careful after oiling. Took the handle end off today to drop a bit oil on the bearings (haven't attempted the mag end yet) everything went fine, went back together as it should, nee problems as there never is, doddle, job done. Then i did what everybody does, you know the routine, turn the handle quick and press the button, see how long the spool spins. Well if you don't quite catch it right it's a full strip of the drive end. The problem is the eared washer jumps out of the milled recesses in the drive gear, so in effect the drag is completely disengaged. After stripping the reel and discovering the problem then putting it back together, i did the same again. Third time i span it, same problem.
So, nee showing off, just oil it and put it back in the bag!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
hiya mate ive got a 7ht mag and ive never attemted to do that just dont want to dammage it even though its temting i havent had any trouble with it just gets a tad noisie after 3-4 fishing sessions,fantastic reel though still tuning my reel though had it for 5 months now just wish it had a rachet apart from that stunna:clap3::clap3::clap3:

·
Crinkly line
2,643 Posts
Ive never had any trouble with mine as yet.

I often take it apart n put a drop of oil in, The only annoying thing is that the mag end bearing is a pig to get out to clean in lighter fuel.

and the spool mounted bearing dosn't come off so you have to clean it whyle still attached to the spool!

Ive just bought myself another one today, I was fishing with the pair of em earlyer and the new one is a lot louder when casting and it feels like there is a lot more grease on the cogs making it feel a tad sluggish compared to my worn in one.

Just cleaned the bearings and put some red rocket fuel in em, Should quiet them down a bit, Ill find out on tuesday!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts