World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
C.T.A.C.
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked one up and i'm thinking to use it for casting.(not done alot of casting but with the brill cod fishing of late i'm thinking of it for the winter)
I'v seen the mag conv and was thinking are they any good????

Anyone use them? and some advice on them please.

Cheers in advance.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
used a red turbo the other day first time i have ever cast one and was very smooth .cant comment on mag conversion for these reels. but i can imagine a few people will of had them magged up.

personaly myself unless a big caster i reckon brake blocks are just as good .

i know they wont be adjustable but for controlling reels with magnets you can glue magnet or magnets to inner edge of end plate.

seen this done with some reels cant remember what inner edge of end side plate looks like on a red turbo.

summit to think about anyway.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Good for casting. Usually used for the 175g as it holds more .35 line than the Abu 6500/6600w's. Plenty of mag conversions out them for em. Personally I prefer Chris Macey's and QTC's work (don't think QTC do a conversion for 7ht turbo though, Chris definately does).

·
Registered
493 Posts
im rockin a pair of them meself 1for 150g (.31) +1for 175/200g (.35) with chris macey (sorry if spelt wrong) mags fitted by wozza of keens if i could get away with them on the 125g id av another one for that if you come to vthe next surfcast wales meeting your more than welcome to testdrive both of mine

·
Registered
8,250 Posts
Just picked one up and i'm thinking to use it for casting.(not done alot of casting but with the brill cod fishing of late i'm thinking of it for the winter)
I'v seen the mag conv and was thinking are they any good????

Anyone use them? and some advice on them please.

Cheers in advance.
They work well but just be mindful that you lose the centrifugal braking to fit the mag kit. If you decide you want to go back to just blocks its going to be an expensive option as the brake ring on the cage and the pin through the spool can't be replaced (well not easily anyway) so its pretty much unreversable.

Can't say I know anybody who's been disappointed but if you like the reel as it is just give it a little thought before you jump in with a mag kit.

·
C.T.A.C.
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers for your input lads i'll have a word with wozza and see how i get on with first before getting it done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts