World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called in to Gowerton Country Stores to buy a new rod today :)

Whilst there a chap walks in with a 7lb bass and his young ( about 8yr) daughter. She'd just caught it at Lougher and he'd brought it in for weighing and photo etc.

One very proud father and a little girl with a huge smile :D

Cheers - Jack

·
Registered
76 Posts
Jack the Lad said:
Called in to Gowerton Country Stores to buy a new rod today :)

Whilst there a chap walks in with a 7lb bass and his young ( about 8yr) daughter. She'd just caught it at Lougher and he'd brought it in for weighing and photo etc.

One very proud father and a little girl with a huge smile :D

Cheers - Jack
thats a nice bass did you hear where it was caught to? heading down that way soon, dreaming of one of those beauties.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
russkyz said:
thats a nice bass did you hear where it was caught to? heading down that way soon, dreaming of one of those beauties.
Hi Russkyz,

Not sure where; but I think maybe by the Lougher bridge.

When you get down this way call in at Gowerton Country Stores, centre of Gowerton village. It's good for bait and tackle etc. The guys are good in there and will help with info and what's being caught where and on what bait etc.

Tight lines - Jack

PS. I've got nothing to do with the Country Stores - except spending my hard earnt money there.

·
Registered
281 Posts
i would have thought it would have been green banks. i have never seen/heard of a bass at the bridge. cracking fish though

·
Registered
76 Posts
hi there jack thanks for info i have visited gowerton country stores a few times and i to was well impressed with the shop and bait supply, even live sandeels! we were told the white lighthouse was top spot 4 bass. one hell of a walk from llanmadoc where our caravan was, but didnt catch no bass there, would like 2 give the bridge a try next time thanks matey... russ :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dw173288 said:
i would have thought it would have been green banks. i have never seen/heard of a bass at the bridge. cracking fish though
No, that's right - can't have been by the bridge; don't want everybody fishing there ;)

My mate pulled a 5.25lb 'er this aft, from that kind of area :D

Cheers - Jack

S

·
0 Posts
took a stroll down there yesterday :) evening loads of Mullet grazing on the surface some about 3lb in size good fun on light gear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts