World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
8.10.18 chesil again.

i was going to give it a miss but reports of tings turning up, and dingdongs two double pigs from abbots lead me back to the shingle.

abbotsbury was the place , grape vine pointed me to go right down to the cottages but me being me i went left towards portland , quite some way.

**DSCF2668 by gordon underwood, on FlickrDSCF2667 by gordon underwood, on Flickr

i was set up by about 1930 & due to the arduous walk , ( getting old) the plan was to fish till i ran out of bait and make sure i got some kip b4 walking back,

baits were squid, prawn, black lug & rag, a bit of mackerel, + pout - live-dead- then in chunks.
rigs- up n over , pulley, 2 hooks clipped.

tide was comming up to springs , h/w about 8pm, choppy swell sub 1m, dry /cloudy to start. no sign of moon.

over high tide and the ebb i caught random pout , straps, & a dogfish . very slow.

over low water & early flood, fish a chuck.- all bloody dogfish. did miss a bite that looked a bit coddy but it was prob a dogfish too.

bites thinned out over the flood and it was dead by high tide and daylight, bait was just about gone by the time i quit at about midday on the 9th.

final score- 2 pouts, 2 straps & a dozen doggies.
could have caught that in front the carpark and saved the bloody walk.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 - 4 of 4 Posts