World Sea Fishing Forums banner

9.1 bass 78cm

3K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Roughgroundwarrior 
#1 ·
I havent posted for a while as things have been run of the mill fish of 2-5 lb fish featuring on most of my sessions.
The first of july is the start of useing mackerel as my main bait for bigger bass and kicked it of with style. Picked fresh mackerel on the way home from work at cley. Then hit my mark a few miles east along the shingle on the flood this morning. Sea was calm with a slight breeze rippling the surface. cast to a gulley between rock reef and sand 50 m halfway through the flood . I used the mack whole , stabbed multiple times to release the blood fished it head down, used 4oz impact lead up and over running rig. Pennel 2× b950 u 6/0. 17lb Berkley big game main line to 40 lb floro leader to 10lb amnesia hook snood of 5 feet .Just before the bass took of with my bait a shoal of macks came through and a seal that made me jump by exploding through the water in front of me and almost beaching Its self to get to a bass of around 3 lb. Water was very good visibility. Weed was a bit of a pain if the rig was left to long. Crabs were at times causeing problems. The bite was a hard thump . Then i lowered the rod tip to create slack and waited for the next pull and lifted firmly in to the fish . It stayed deep till half way in then surfaced, had a hairy moment once it got close but my drag soon put that problem to bed. Beautifully conditioned fish that went 9.1lb on the scale and length was 78cm. This mark was the same spot to the meter that i took the 8.4. This mark really has the potential to throw up a incredible fish at the end of season. Get those macks on people
Sky Water Vertebrate Fin Fisherman
Sleeve Sky Fin Fish Fisherman
Sky Water Jaw Fin Fish
Organism Fish Underwater Marine biology Salmon-like fish

See less See more
#7 ·
That will take some beating:cool:

Reactions: Roughgroundwarrior
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.