World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Managed to sneak out last nite for abit of sanity away from the wife and kids

Arrived at my usual spot in Pompey Harbour

Only had a 7 and 9ft Spinning rods(my kids rods) with me so my options would be limited

One rod was rigged up for live baiting and the other rod had a flowing trace with a size 8 hook for scratching, just had to catch a pout or alike now for the other rod.!!

That was surprising easy, The sea bed must have been carpeted by the little buggers, So within 5 mins, I managed to fine one big enough to take my baited size 8 hook!!!

Live bait rod was now nodding like a good ern, Then thought it would have managed sense to use the 9ft rod as the live bait one instead of the 7ft incase a bass came along, Oh well never mind

In between the rain showers, the worm rod kept me busy for the 90 mins, plenty of pout intermixed with Wrasse and a nice pollock of 1.5lb

Whilst hiding in the car from the heavy rain shower the 7ft live bait rod started to come alive, Sods law!!!! The rod was just in process of taking off!! so out i shot from the car and grab the rod and after a struggle managed to haul up a Bass of around 2lb.

Excellent fight and a good way to christen my daughters rod so i returned it after asking it to do the same thing when my daughter has hold of the rod next.

Back out fishing tonite(Wednesday) will my proper gear, Knowing sods law will catch bugger all!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Managed to sneak out last nite for abit of sanity away from the wife and kids

Arrived at my usual spot in Pompey Harbour

Only had a 7 and 9ft Spinning rods(my kids rods) with me so my options would be limited

One rod was rigged up for live baiting and the other rod had a flowing trace with a size 8 hook for scratching, just had to catch a pout or alike now for the other rod.!!

That was surprising easy, The sea bed must have been carpeted by the little buggers, So within 5 mins, I managed to fine one big enough to take my baited size 8 hook!!!

Live bait rod was now nodding like a good ern, Then thought it would have managed sense to use the 9ft rod as the live bait one instead of the 7ft incase a bass came along, Oh well never mind

In between the rain showers, the worm rod kept me busy for the 90 mins, plenty of pout intermixed with Wrasse and a nice pollock of 1.5lb

Whilst hiding in the car from the heavy rain shower the 7ft live bait rod started to come alive, Sods law!!!! The rod was just in process of taking off!! so out i shot from the car and grab the rod and after a struggle managed to haul up a Bass of around 2lb.

Excellent fight and a good way to christen my daughters rod so i returned it after asking it to do the same thing when my daughter has hold of the rod next.

Back out fishing tonite(Wednesday) will my proper gear, Knowing sods law will catch bugger all!!!
talking to a fish whatever next lol sounds bliss 90 mins of peace

1 - 2 of 2 Posts