World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Im looking to fish for bass or bream off southsea beach, i hear by the sea life centre is quite good, does anyone have any tips or reccomendations? And what times are best, i live only a few mins aways so any time is ok.
any help would be most appreciated

Cheers

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Hi,

Im looking to fish for bass or bream off southsea beach, i hear by the sea life centre is quite good, does anyone have any tips or reccomendations? And what times are best, i live only a few mins aways so any time is ok.

Cheers
Try INSIDE the sealife centre....you will probably stand a better chance! :unsure:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi,

Cheers
I've caught bass from in front of the sea life centre. Live sandeel (if you can get them) on a float near the rocks is a killer.

Just a word of caution. When the weed on the concrete slope gets wet it is treacherous. I should know, I slipped over on it last year, dislocated my shoulder and spent six weeks with my arm in a sling! :doh:
That limits your fishing a bit.:schmoll:

So my tip and recomendation is......................................don't fall over!

·
Registered
340 Posts
you could try clarence by the blue arcade there is a little wall there where i have caught bass to 2lb and bream next to the structure is best. i would not recommend fishing worm or limpit though as it will get hammered by tiny bream and wrasse nearly everycast. try squid and mackeral to search for the bigger fish. i would also not recommend fishing on a summer weekend as it gets really busy with people walking round you and can be a hastle casting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts