World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi (please do not flame me :eek: ) , i am after a bit of advice on a rod/reel combo

Basically, i want a rod that will be sufficient for a few things.

i need it for fishing off a boat and shore fishing.
I used to use feathers for mackrel about 20 years ago, but times have changed and there are more kits around nowadays. :eek: ,and i` am stumped as to what i need.i have also forgot much the stuff i had learnt.
ah.....memories(and the way they fade away due to excess vin rouge :D )

it will also be used for bass/cod fishing off a boat.

what do you recommend, i.e spinning rod, boat rod etccc.

thanks a lot my fishy friends :D

·
Registered
139 Posts
I would recommend a spinning or plugging rod for use on boat and from the shore. This can be used for some light sport from either.

Redhead

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
No one rod will be ideal for what you are after, pretty tall order. I would have a look at the new style of multitip uptiders, depends at the end of the day on your choice. Any rod is going to be a compromise for so many types of fishing.

Welcome to the site. ;)

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Would you remove the animation on golf please, we have a lot of juniors wiewing the forums and although acceptable in adult company unfortunately not here.

Cheers

·
Wales Team Captain
2,361 Posts
I would agree with chris and suggest an uptider as I presume that you wish to bottom fish from the shore as well and a spinng rod although would be good fun(with a big fish) is not really up to the job for bottom shore fishing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts