World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gave the beach a go this evening. Took 2 rods, squid & rag. But forgot my rod rest! :(
So left my bass rod in the car, took my 13ft sonik as there were some big breakers, found some drift wood and fashioned a rod rest together.
It got very dark about 15 mins before it should have, 1st mumbles disappeared from view, then Swansea did, then I got VERY wet!
I had waders and waterproofs so stuck it out. Had 1 bite that I felt as my rod tip was moving a bit in the wind and my makeshift rod rest couldn't put the tip high enough to get some line out of the breakers. I didn't connect with it unfortunately. But it went for the squid/rag cocktail, not the rag on its own.

At 7:45 the rain was coming sideways, the sand was blowing in my face, so a full hour before high tide, I packed up. I'm in my kitchen, bacon on my George foreman & lager in the fridge... So a good night after all!! ;)

Good luck everyone who is going out in the similar weather forecast for tomorrow.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. You gotta be in it to win it- or blank! Half tempted to use my leftover rag down knab rock in the morning but got cold beer & fight club on itv4

·
Team Loonz
8,189 Posts
Unlucky on the fishing side of things....the bacon and beer sounds a good shout though.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Fair play well done for getting out and braving the elements mate, you definitely earned that bacon and beer :) unlucky on the missed fish

All the best

Dai

1 - 9 of 9 Posts