World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Skegness beach 16/12/19 early morning high tide. Plenty of decent size whiting, a few dabs (mostly small) and a codling. Real suprise to catch one of these as this was my first trip sea fishing in 4 years. Worth a try getting out there at the moment. I did a short Youtube video on the session (very basic), but don't know if you are allowed to post links.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Well done on the Coddy. :thumbsup: Does this mean they are heading south from Yorkshire towards Norfolk, or am I just living in a fantasy? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Fished Skegness beach 16/12/19 early morning high tide. Plenty of decent size whiting, a few dabs (mostly small) and a codling. Real suprise to catch one of these as this was my first trip sea fishing in 4 years. Worth a try getting out there at the moment. I did a short Youtube video on the session (very basic), but don't know if you are allowed to post links.

There a few there every year
The last 15 yrs have been unviable though specifically a aiming at them
Last decent session I had for codling on the beaches around skeg was at huttoft where I had 7 codling over the top 3 hrs of tide , but this was probably about 15-17 yrs ago
All on frozen worm
Shame they ain’t there as it’s only 35 minute drive rather than 2.5 hrs each way to find the fish now :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts