World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and the old fella headed for the Straits in hope of a few crab before heading to Anglesey. Mission one failed. So a u turn and made our way back the way we came as i thought conditions looked good along N Wales coast.

Pensarn was the first choice, armed with shop bought crab lug and frozen lug. The tide was on its way in as we lobbed out chosen baits. A flounder first cast on frozen formby blacks

As the tide rushed over the shallow section of the beach I lauched one as far as i could and then walked back 120 yards to dry land. It wasnt long before a small spikey turned up on the rod 250 yards out

So the fish were feeding well out we just hoped they would come a little closer as darkness fell this little chap did

It went quiet for an hour and the weed became a big problem the old fella had had enough and packed up. On high the weed disapeared and a few dabs showed at around 60 yards

With the weed dying down i lobbed a flapper 15 or 20 yards to a small gulley where there was abundance of rotting shellfish washed up by the recent weather. As soon as the lead hit the bottom a rattle on the tip saw a 5 Bearded Rockling with it belly well full landed (i stand corrected if im wrong)

This happened the next 6 casts there must of been dozens of rockling making the most of the free grub. 11pm so it was off home to keep the Mrs happy

·
Registered
644 Posts
Well done mate a good report and piccy`s,once again you`re leading the way and showing the rest of us how it should be done,Del.

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
Me and the old fella headed for the Straits in hope of a few crab before heading to Anglesey. Mission one failed. So a u turn and made our way back the way we came as i thought conditions looked good along N Wales coast.

Pensarn was the first choice, armed with shop bought crab lug and frozen lug. The tide was on its way in as we lobbed out chosen baits. A flounder first cast on frozen formby blacks

As the tide rushed over the shallow section of the beach I lauched one as far as i could and then walked back 120 yards to dry land. It wasnt long before a small spikey turned up on the rod 250 yards out

So the fish were feeding well out we just hoped they would come a little closer as darkness fell this little chap did

It went quiet for an hour and the weed became a big problem the old fella had had enough and packed up. On high the weed disapeared and a few dabs showed at around 60 yards

With the weed dying down i lobbed a flapper 15 or 20 yards to a small gulley where there was abundance of rotting shellfish washed up by the recent weather. As soon as the lead hit the bottom a rattle on the tip saw a 5 Bearded Rockling with it belly well full landed (i stand corrected if im wrong)

This happened the next 6 casts there must of been dozens of rockling making the most of the free grub. 11pm so it was off home to keep the Mrs happy
the bass man strikes again ,well done paul great pics too.shaggy:notworthy

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Great stuff Paul and all to plan! Well done! Me, well i'd've said that I cast 250 yds! When this back's better with the new rod - no doubt! Great pics as usual and a great species hunt also. Presumably you scratched with the carp rod for the close in ones?

Hard luck John bach, your's (and my) time will come!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts