World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a day out with Crrlb001 and family today to do a bit of coaching and fishing on his new boat.
The day started with the obligitory stop for mackerel before heading off to find some fish on the local reefs.
Aim of the day (for me) was to show them a few marks to try and get some fish on board for tea! For Barry the theme seemed to be to get as many gulls to follow the boat as possible, that way it looks like we'll have caught plenty - no pressure then...? :wallbash:
Thankfully it all went well, we visited several lumps all over the place and caught at each of them. Barry had his first ling & first double figure fish, his son Simon had a personal best pollack and his first ling, and the future son-in-law Graham had his personal best pollack and first ever bass - result!
Pics below...

Simon with his ling

Barry with his ling

Graham with his pollack

Graham with his bass

Barry got his wish, we had to stop fishing shortly after lunch as we had more than enough fish for own immmediate use, so rather than take more for the sake of it we checked out a few more marks and called it an early day!

Thanks for the trip Barry & co - a very enjoyable day out!

:thumbs:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Great day out Kev - we were chuffed with the haul and enjoyed our beer battered Ling for tea. Would no doubt have failed dismally out there without your knowledge and experience.

Just one question though. Who is that fat, ugly, bearded bloke in the hooped T-shirt on my boat? And he's holding my ling

Cheers mate

Brilliant day

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great day out Kev - we were chuffed with the haul and enjoyed our beer battered Ling for tea. Would no doubt have failed dismally out there without your knowledge and experience.

Just one question though. Who is that fat, ugly, bearded bloke in the hooped T-shirt on my boat? And he's holding my ling

Cheers mate

Brilliant day
Robin Hood I guess, looking at the arrow sticking out of his back :crazy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts