World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi Lads,

Now that the wrecking season is with us once again, how about meeting up for a days wrecking trip?

I myself would prefer a South Coast trip. As I live in South Bucks. Portsmouth - Mudeford - Poole is more suited to myself but I would be willing to travel to other resorts within reason.

It will take a little organizing but I am sure that it can be done. Your views would be appreciated.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have just spoken to the skipper of Wight Huntress and if you want a trip out for Tope Bream and Smoothounds in the solent area the first two weeks in June Are the best the cost for the Boat would be £240 with seven fishing I can arrange accomodation in b&b for those who would like to come from afar and supply bait boat would leave from Gosport, any one up for it?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Gus,

Count me in please, if we are short I may be able to make numbers up. It depends on the date.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
303 Posts
hi drew if we get enough interest we can sort out a date to suit everybody. mid week would be nice not so many boats all doing the same thing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi guys,
I have just signed up to WSF but I like the sound of your proposed trip.So long as it is mid week count me in!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Lawgil,

Welcome aboard the best forum on the web!!!

Looking forward to meeting you if this trip takes off, or even some other time.

How about a Friday Gus?

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Gus,

What is the parking like in Gosport? Is it possible to park near to the pickup point? and how much?

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
303 Posts
no probs mate, we have a small car park where we unload very close to pick up and the main cctv covered car park is two minutes away and costs £3 for the day
I will send everyone maps and instructions, we actually pick up on the gosport/portsmouth ferry pontoon. couple of cafes nearby as well

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Gus,

Thanks for the info.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
303 Posts
HI Guys Just had a look at the tides in june friday the 3rd is a 4.1 tide whcih is ideal for tope and smoothies as we can fish anywhere and not have to struggle with the tide fir17th is a 3.9 which is the same no struggle any of these dates any good???

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Gus,

I am up for either date. (Friday 17th 1st choice)

As I will be travelling from South Bucks. on the M25 - M3 or A3 I would be prepared to give anybody a lift.

Please keep us informed.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
303 Posts
hi drew if we choose the 17th it will give us a choice of wrecking or tope fishing according to weather conditions so in theory it would be the best date, any way we will have to see whos wants to come and what the majority wants to do. just a thought mate.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Gus,

Sounds good to me.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Folks,

I don't know whether Gus has booked as yet, but what about it? any takers?

Surely there must be at least 8 of us who fancy a trip out and put faces to names.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi Drew, just waiting for some more response at the moment its you, me, Lawgill said he might come I can prob get another one or two if needs be (non forum Members) but would like to meet up with other forum members to put names to faces, but will need to book soon as everyone is starting to think about the summer trips.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Gus,

Likewise if needs arise I can call in "Rent A Mob", a few of our regulars will make up numbers.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
303 Posts
Right lads! I have booked Wight Huntress out of Gosport for June the 17th we have small tides which will enable us to either, go Wrecking or fish for Tope Smoothounds and Bream without any restrictions caused through strong tides as I have said anyone wanting to travell from afar and stay overnight I can give you B&B numbers, the one we reccomend has a pub next door and is fairly close to the ferry pontoon where we leave from, we will sail at about 0700-0730 for bottom fishing and it might be earlier if we go wrecking. the prices will be:-

For bottom fishing £41 with 7 fishing including a good selction of bait supplied by me. with 8 fishing it would be £37

For wrecking with 7 fishing it would cost £51.50p with 8 fishing it would be £45

The weather is the deciding factor on what we can or cannot do

I ask that a deposit of £30 per person be paid so that if people decide not to turn up the others are.nt loosing out too much.

1 - 19 of 43 Posts