World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was sitting putting 8lb braid on 1 of my coarse reels,getting ready for my trip to Ireland,when biggins phoned and said he was away to go mulleting,as a few of our other mates was allready there.

Went for a few hours and i got 1 weighed in at 3lb 6oz,cool another badge:yeah:well chuft.

Wow this thing gave a good scrap as it took 6 or 7 runs as soon as it got near me,mabe give it a go for a whole afternoon next time.

Spinning rod 2 bags of loaf pilchard oil and away u go fair enjoyed it.

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
nice fish tight liner welldone

·
Registered
142 Posts
i, somebody must have told you i've been down heaps lately, baiting up n u comes along n steals ma fish again, swi*e, still a nice fish.....

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good Pilchard Oil At:laugh::oops:

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
well done on catching the Mullet :clap:
looks a cracker o a fish.

is it the mullet that have huge scales ?

·
The Oracle
8,208 Posts
Hiya,

Well done on the Mullet :)

I had a bash for them during the week there over in Ireland, the estuary was thick with fish from around 1lb up wards. On Monday night I lost 4 express trains through straightened hooks. Tueseday night seen a cooler evening and no sign of any mullet but managed to catch a Flounder on float fished bread flake. Wednesday night, mullet every where and I managed to get only one take which produced a small fish of around 1lb.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Nice fish :thumbs: Seen a couple pulled out of Stranraer harbour about that size a few days ago. The boys were fishing at the new marina on the sea front. They were using 3lb mono,float fishing with bread and I am nearly sure they were moulding the bread around tiny trebles. The fish were released no bother at all. Must have a bash myself in Drummore harbour when I return back in a few weeks time. Seen some real lumpers swimming in there !!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts