World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I haven't been out for a while so the other half and my usual fishing buddy decided it would be rude not too spend a few hours whilst the weather was obliging, which by the way was fantastic....

Got out of the Marina around 11 and the tide had just turned. Started off drifting, which produced lots of whiting and 2 nice bass of around 2.5lb.....lovely old job.

We then hooked up to a buoy and had a leisurely time for the whiting.....after about half hour had a cracking bite, a short scrap and a nice codling of 2lb was duly netted....

After that, more plump whiting......packed up around 1530hrs......
Cheers
Tim

·
Banned
2,360 Posts
Well I haven't been out for a while so the other half and my usual fishing buddy decided it would be rude not too spend a few hours whilst the weather was obliging, which by the way was fantastic....

Got out of the Marina around 11 and the tide had just turned. Started off drifting, which produced lots of whiting and 2 nice bass of around 2.5lb.....lovely old job.

We then hooked up to a buoy and had a leisurely time for the whiting.....after about half hour had a cracking bite, a short scrap and a nice codling of 2lb was duly netted....

After that, more plump whiting......packed up around 1530hrs......
Cheers
Tim
well don tim and crew nice to see the codling are coming down was the whiting any size ,looks like bass for dinnner :thumbs:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers Ian...the bass have been duly filleted and we're planning on what to do with them :)

Most of the whiting were undersize, but we did end up with 4 or so keepers - the other half had the best one of the day....just over the 1lb mark.....

cheers
Tim

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
good stuff Tim, nice to see the winter fish venturing into the estuary. used to have some good ones opposite no.1 buoy

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Smoothhound, that wasn't far from where we were drifting...I think the surprise for me was to have the codling, will take them all winter from there if I can - save me going further a field like platters or the towers, and won't have to worry about working out the tides so much :). And oh my lord, the fuel savings :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Well done Tim, thanks for report. was the weather ok to go outside? i did not go as the forecast i saw lumpey! glad you had a coddling maybe more will be about soon and stay for a while.

not sure Bass, Cod and Whiting make fishcake or 3 different meals lol.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey club, the weather was fantastic....sun was out, I was in a t-shirt all day and there was a slight breeze - which didn't really have an effect on the water...not lumpy at all. Not sure what it was like out the front - had a couple of friends go out but haven't caught up with them yet....think one of them went to the towers, so will be interesting to see how he faired. I know he was planning to go out early with the tide, but from where I was the fog was a real pain.....by the time we went out it had all but cleared...

ahhh fishcakes, what a great idea.....just to mash the potatoes in readiness.....
cheers
tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.