World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Down to Rough Firth again for a short session, Sunny, but very cold in a fresh to strong North Easterly. Began an hour into the ebb, and with the wind helping push the tide out, low water came early. Fished with two rods, both baited with crab. Never missed a bite today and ended up with eight flounder ranging from about a pound to a pound and a half, best measured 42 cm. Well that is my best result so far this year at that mark, and June should see a big improvement. Thought that I might get my first bass as sea looked good, but no luck on that front. Not to worry patience is a virtue.

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
Nice one Dab Hand - I feel a :)trip coming on
Good luck with the skate - however you will be aided by BMAC who is keen to get bigger and better - I am now looking for smaller and easier !!!!:)

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Peter, you are always welcome, likewise all the rest of your crew, not long now till fish are in proper, and any flattie under 2lb. is a wee one. BMAC will enjoy this one at Oban, he could end up having to pull them all up, I think one will knacker me. Be a pleasure to get a doggie from Etive after that.
Give me a few days notice as to when you are coming down, and how many of you, and I will gather sufficient crabs for us all. Ferns growing quite a bit now, so keeping the path clear for us.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Nice one Dab Hand - I feel a :)trip coming on
Good luck with the skate - however you will be aided by BMAC who is keen to get bigger and better - I am now looking for smaller and easier !!!!:)
funny that peter thats the way i think when i,m skate fishing also its great to pass your rod over to a skate virgin let them suffer eh!!:clap3:

nice one on the flounder dabhand , hope to get a few of their spiky silver cousins at the weekend !!:clap2:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Good "wee" report dab hand, Nice to see your still getting the Flatties :clap3: As Peter says, We feel a session coming on :secret: Im after my 1st Bass and Smoothound.
Looking forward to next Thursday, Lets hope the "Big Flatties" come out to play again !!:fishing1:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts