·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my self a spinning out fit for the summer
being new to the sea fishing not to sure about the lure side of things
i will be fishing on the essex/sufflok coast
my rod has casting wieght of 10 - 45gms and 4000 sized fixed spool reel
i was planning on getting a few varied lures but looking on the net theres loads :g:
so what do you think i should have in my tackle box ?

thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yep would definatley agree with that there always a fish catcher.Iwould also buy a surface popper of some descrption ie chug bug or skitterpop and also some storm shads and a couple deeper divig plugs ie rapala sliver and a j13.I hear the maria lures are awesome so i will be giving them a go this summer but belive me your collection will gradually grow and you will have loads of lures.Remember to try and cover all the layers of water first and then get different coulers of the smae plug but the more natural looking baits have always worked the best for me.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
If i could only take 5 lures with me they would be;

Rapala J11 in (blue) - £8.99
Storm Chug Bug 26g - £7.99
Maria Chase SW 90mm - £8.50
Dexter Wedge 28g - £2.99
Abu Toby (blue/silver) 28g - £2.99

These lures will cover almost all any situation and are tried and tested bass cathcers. I have provided guide prices aswell to help you. If i could only carry one lure for the bass though it would have to be the Maria. I find that for bass the best colours are blue, black, silver and gold to replicate the bait fish which they will be feeding on. Other good lures include;

Rapala Slither 12cm
Rapala Skitterpop 9cm
Grauvell Teklon Poppy 19g
TD Pencil popper 11cm
Maria Angel Kiss 18g
Maria Chico Boca
Dexter Dexflex
Heddon Zara Spook 19g
Lucky Craft Sammy SW 120mm
Yo-zuri Mag Popper 125mm
Dexter Easy Walker 18g
Yo-zuri Crystal Minnow 90mm
Dexter Darter 105mm
Ragot Mitralite 30g
Abu Koster (copper) 28g
Abu Krill 28g
Bridun Launce 15g
Abu Tormentor Coast 20g
Abu Terminator jointed 11cm

Thats just for starters, there are many others to experiment with aswell!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Came on here today to start exactly the same topic as I too am new to sea spinning and was getting confussed with the huge selections of lures available.

Thanks to you guys I know now where to start so its mail order time tomorrow! Then I just got to find somewhere to use them.

Cheers

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yeah you are right but 12feet is there maximum depth and they probably dont get down that far when spinning only when trolling do they probably achive this.They are my favorite plug for trolling

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
in most areas i would agree but on the Blyth the killer method seems to be a
black Red Gill on a 4ft trace and 2oz lead and let the tidal flow work the eel around pontoons
and structure, this would work on the orwell and Blackwater too.

·
Registered
268 Posts
My all time No 1 is a 28g toby with a blue mackeral pattern, which from June onwards in most locations with a little depth is deadly. Done buy the abus there are cheaper copies around for half the price, which is good as you with probably lose a few to weed!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts