World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WooHoo, just checked XC and the wind is dropping more and more.

Looks like I'll have to spin one of my customers a line about "still waiting for the order matey" and leave his radiator in the back of the van until Thursday.

So, what do you recon then.......Livebaiting inshore or look for the Cod?:whistling:whistling

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
If you want cod then tomorrow looks like a good day to get them.

Going to be a fair bit of water moving out there so a bit befor ,during the slack,and just after would be my target.

Alan

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Tom is quite right in saying the Bassing sould liven up at bit also.

Alan

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will it be feasable to drift a livebait in deep water or is it going to be a tour the wrecks day??

shallow for the Bass then race out to try the cod?

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Depends if you want to make a day of it!!

Get out early and fish around the low slack for a cod then nip back inshore and fish the flood up for a Bass.
Just time then to get back for a clean up and the start of happy hour in the Mariner. That would be my day.

Alan

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mmm, that's what I was thinking it would turn out like.

Looks like early doors for me then.

Not bothered about the pub though, rather drink better Rum at home - Bah Humbug..:mad::mad:

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
My manager is on holiday next week so will probably only be able to sqeeze one day out at short notice and have an appointment with some Beachy Head Bass:dry:
Lets hope the weather picks up all round, what a ****e August so far!!!

At least had a couple of good days pigeon shooting before the rain set in, a good wind helps with that so might as well make use of it :)

G

·
My manager is on holiday next week so will probably only be able to sqeeze one day out at short notice and have an appointment with some Beachy Head Bass:dry:
Virtually zero tide on Monday to Wednesday.
Not worth Bassing. Not saying you won't catch them, just that conditions are not ideal.
Tides start to get better for them on 16th August

1 - 14 of 14 Posts