World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a longitude 65 fixed spool reel which i teamed up with my 13ft team daiwa rod but when i went fishing today to test it everytime i brung in my line/rig it felt like i had somethink big on everytime like a big hassle to bring it in

later i caught a little plaice which made me think i had a codling

the reel is bran new so go no ideas whats going on there

thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
Is it your first fixed spool reel? Does it have a high gear ratio for fast retrieve? You are supposed to pump the rod ,and reel in on the down stroke, you can't just wind in like a winch, like some multipliers. Not supposed to do that anyway, the line will crush the spool.
It's all I can thnk of, unless there is a problem with the bearings. Does it feel free when you turn the handle with no line on?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its not my first fixed spool,it has some weird things at the sides like little brushs

dont no about the gears

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nah it was'nt twisted around the tip hehe

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
H2002

A tip i was given was on your first cast with new rod and reel (line) cast out with your trace you are going to use but with out any bait on, reel it in and bait up and re cast. Hope this helps

Woodster

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i use small baits atm so cant be the bait causeing the heavyness thanks for the advice thou :D

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
H2002,

Might not explained once self properly. The tip i was given when u cast the line out , reel in and the line(which is new) settles on the reel this gets rid of kinks and tangles

Woodster

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh i get what u mean ty for the great advice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts