World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all .have caught my first couple of t l mullet on float fished bread , now i want to takew one on a flie ...but which one ,Iv heard that the thick lips take smaller flies than g.g .
Diagrams would be usfull .I have fly tying equipment and a reasonable selection of feathery things.Ta brand:laugh:

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
The material used for making Egg flies for grayling/trout would be good if tied cubed off, the browned with a flame or a felt tip pen to replicate bread. Or used a cube of white foam, again browning to resemble a crust.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Small trout flies such as goldhead hares ear or the smaller freshwater shrimp patterns size 14/16 are worth a go IME. Long light leaders and stealth are essential.
Good luck, Robert

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
The material used for making Egg flies for grayling/trout would be good if tied cubed off, the browned with a flame or a felt tip pen to replicate bread. Or used a cube of white foam, again browning to resemble a crust.
oooh...my fluff is top secret.......!!!!

mmm now you got me thinking..egg flies...lol...

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Small trout flies such as goldhead hares ear or the smaller freshwater shrimp patterns size 14/16 are worth a go IME. Long light leaders and stealth are essential.
Good luck, Robert
thanks for the info .......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts