World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had to cancel my plans today for a trip west because the wife has a bulging disc in her spine. how did we ever manage before mri scans? decided to fish redwick, even though i knew it would be cack. a bit early for a cod perhaps lol! :doh: only one significant event; a quick pull down on the rod, then a run for about 10 yards. started reeling in, but whatever it was seemed to have let go, and mashed up my lug-stuffed squid.:wallbash:
i had left most of my gear down the van, including my rod-rest, so thought i'd take a garden fork to hold it. with a towel tied around the handle, it worked a treat.

next time i walk all the way to whiteford lighthouse, i can use the fork for digging worm, and then double it up as a rest. :1a:
sorry about the crap report. i'm too dull to hide a blank!

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ken, the weather alone was enough to keep me entertained. very strange light conditions, and the "walls" of white as the rains approached. got drenched, but wearing winter gear, so all was well.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
That lovely, claggy, slippery, smelly mud!
blueskip

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Unlucky on the blank m8, but least you got out :thumbs:
Is that yr new magnetix there in the pic?

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unlucky on the blank m8, but least you got out :thumbs:
Is that yr new magnetix there in the pic?
yeah, bling bling! shame i loaded it with 12lb line, in readiness for fishing west off clean sand. couldn't cope with the mud. so changed for the slosh 'cause it had 20lb on it. but it's nice to have these options now.
what i've realised with a mag reel, when i was casting into the 30mph headwind, i just increased the resistance of the magnets. is this the right idea?

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
yeah, bling bling! shame i loaded it with 12lb line, in readiness for fishing west off clean sand. couldn't cope with the mud. so changed for the slosh 'cause it had 20lb on it. but it's nice to have these options now.
what i've realised with a mag reel, when i was casting into the 30mph headwind, i just increased the resistance of the magnets. is this the right idea?
yeah, that'll do it. easier than fiddling with the spool tensioner :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
unlucky steven but I DO LIKE YOUR NEW ROD REST how much do they cost most get one myself lol see you soon tight lines
£11.99 in wilkies, gary. a bit heavy, though!

·
Registered
705 Posts
now that is a good idea!
Nobby

1 - 12 of 12 Posts