World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of you on here would've seen my pal Jerry666wick's massssive 217lb Common Skate pic...

But now we are two days shy of the closing date for Glasgow Angling Centre's 'Fish Of The Month' Competition!
His main rival in this competition is a 22lb 6oz Pike caught from a Highland loch and they have both been pretty close when it comes down to votes!

Voting ends at 12pm Sunday! So we've got a couple more days to try and bump Jerry's skate up with more votes! So can I ask anyone viewing this with Facebook to please click on the link below and 'like' his pic :)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...78768540.88458.108764725861528&type=1&theater

·
Registered
218 Posts
very true about the turbot, bugger! haha. yeah the big coley are insane. you get a few turns on the reel then they just say no thankyou and strip the line right back off. mine wasnt even the biggest of the weekend. i think the biggest was 24lb. the club weighs in kg's and i cant remember exactly what it was. I prefered catching the coleys to the cod, purely for the rush you get from the fight

·
Registered
97 Posts
All fish mentioned sound worthy and I'd be proud to have caught each of them BUT the skate caught from the shore must have taken so much planning and patience to hunt down and therefore sounds like a winner to me....I'd love to vote but not a Facebooker - is there another way to vote?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone so far for your 'likes' on Jerry's skate pic! :thumbs:

It seems our main rival in the comp (Pike) is treating it more like a popularity contest...

So much time, effort, planning and of course the 'just under an hour of' reeling in has gone into Jerry's catch so
therefore I'd say he was a more than worthy winner!

But if there is anyone else viewing this then please please 'like' it and maybe share it aswell!

·
Deputy Jokes Forum Examiner
2,909 Posts
Shared on my FB so hopefully generate a few more votes , definitely the winner in my eyes.

Paul

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Woop Woop :yeah::clap2: i won!!!

thanks to everyone who liked and shared the pic
that £100 puts me well on my way to getting a new floaty suit
for the winter,as my old one is near in bits

cheers jerry
well done bud i remember your last floaty and how you were going to look after it and you stuck your *** in the collar first day on :g::thumbs:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts