World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I just thought I would share pictures of what I would call my best days Bassing ever! Last month myself and four mates decided to try one of our productive outer Thames marks in the facinity of the bottom of the Gunfleet Sands fishing Lug and Mackerel! Much to our suprise it produced some 35 Bass between 5 and 9.75lb on our boat and my other mates boat produced another 12 or so all of the same stamp! a total 0f 47 bass in one session! i would have never of dreamed of a haul like this nore will i prob ever see it again but it goes to show you that being in the right place at the time through putting the hours in does pay off!

Attachments

·
Registered
710 Posts
A day we dream of! Well done...trying to work out where you are moored from the pics!
not on our marina chris i think it could be bernham alley pintoon we have wood

going out tom ? i'll be down for 6am going out buxey 1 for som makerel and then over to the hole for some bass ect if your out there speak on radio
Frank

ps well done on that big day :happy:
as you said not too often but when it does your buzzing :bounce:

·
Registered
125 Posts
thats what its all about ...............good boy.........red letters are hard to come bye........remember them well...............

·
Registered
24,895 Posts
Hello all, I just thought I would share pictures of what I would call my best days Bassing ever! Last month myself and four mates decided to try one of our productive outer Thames marks in the facinity of the bottom of the Gunfleet Sands fishing Lug and Mackerel! Much to our suprise it produced some 35 Bass between 5 and 9.75lb on our boat and my other mates boat produced another 12 or so all of the same stamp! a total 0f 47 bass in one session! i would have never of dreamed of a haul like this nore will i prob ever see it again but it goes to show you that being in the right place at the time through putting the hours in does pay off!
Thats Proper fishing,welldone all,some nice fish there!!! Enjoy!:1a:

·
Registered
12,035 Posts
Right place right time. That rings a bell. out from Deal 5 years ago we had the Bassfest of a Lifetime. First 3 drifts produced 25 plus Bass between 7 to 11 pound on BIG muppets with a 12 oz pirk as the weight. Hardly sporting you might say but to have a treble shot of big Bass is something else. It only lasted for 3 drifts and then we went out further and had doggies Pout and the odd plaice. Time to go home On the way in Skippers son sees Gannets working the water. When we got closer every seabird and his cousins were diving into the water and making the prescence of a Vast shoal of Bass evident. These were smaller 3 to 5 pound fish But great sport on light gear. we had prob 130 Bass that day and only kept 5 each (6 of us) What a day. According to the skipper This has yet to be repeated . Weather that day was Thunderstorms and heavy rain.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hello Ron, yeah john was there also! being contained on a small boat with john for 12 hours can sometimes send you a little:crazy:

·
Premium Member
26,401 Posts
Well done mate, nice to see someone hitting the jackpot. I haven't been in the 'right place at the right time' since 5th November 1967.
But I still live in hope.

Don.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
now thats what i call a proper days fishing, good report great photos, i'm out on saturday i hope i do half as well as that.
steve

1 - 13 of 13 Posts