World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to give sandsend a chuck last night (sunday). Just to get out of the house more than anything, wasnt expecting anything too good with the sea flattened right off. Fished from about 6:45 with HW being about 8:45.

Well Im glad I did get out, managed a Codling about 1 3/4lb, a Flounder about 1 1/4lb, a medium size dab, about a dozen small coalies and a rockling :) Not bad going for 3hours down the beach. Was surprised as 90% of these including the codling came in daylight, which was the same 2 weeks ago when I had a few off the beach. As-soon as it went dark the bites died away and only managed a few more coalies, could have been as this was when the tide turned. Anyways packed up quite content with a desent nights fishing, Dont think ive ever had 5 different species in one night.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
nice one phil .................(even though you didnt speak in scarboro last week too busy walking along holding hands and staring in each others eyes )..........

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
4 guys from your club (st marys) fished sandsend beach last night and none of them had anything sizable, you should have enterd.
Yer Im sick of entering man, I cant be arsed with people weighing in 11 rockling to take home a few quid. Ill tell you what though I've fished the same mark at sandsend 3 weeks in a row, over high and low water, Ive had 4 codling, tons of Coalies and a good few flatties, Ill be back again next weekend. Hoping for the weather to stay calm as I half fancy it to pick up a Turbot or Thornie.

Haha never saw you in scarborough Ian, Was probable on my way to the sea life centre to drool over what I wish I could catch. Went for fish and chips and there was NO cod on the menu!!! also went to Trenchers in whitby yesterday and cod + chips has been taken off the menu. Guess the Cod fishing really is getting that bad.

Tell you what tho, i Really fancy giving those sea defenses a go over summer, bet theres a few Wrasse hiding in amongst those boulders between the North and south bays

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tell you what tho, i Really fancy giving those sea defenses a go over summer, bet theres a few Wrasse hiding in amongst those boulders between the North and south bays
Are there any wrasse on that section of coast at Scarborough? If so I'll be having a dabble for them. I fished in front of the Sea Life Centre last Friday but had nothing.

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Are there any wrasse on that section of coast at Scarborough? If so I'll be having a dabble for them. I fished in front of the Sea Life Centre last Friday but had nothing.
I dunno mate, to be honest Ive never had a go for them at scarborough, but them sea defenses have been there a good few years now and always have a good bit of water on them so I dont see why there wouldnt be a few resident wrasse. Might be worth a few hours with a float and a bit o rag.:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts