World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just have to tell you all of the bargain I picked up today. I was out visiting properties throughout Fareham as part of my work, and called in to one of my regular haunts for a cup of coffee. While there the tenant was renovating a reel and we got talking about fishing. It turned out that he was one of these tackle nuts who has to have the latest rod or reel that comes out. He told me that he had to sell a couple of rods to allow him to buy another one. I asked him what he was trying to sell and he went into another room and brought in a Tip Tornado Sport. I asked him what he was asking and he said £50. I tried not to show my amazement and played it cool. Nice rod I said but not worth £50, and he asked me what I thought it would fetch. I said I would be prepared to give £40 as it had a few marks, and he accepted my offer straight away. I know they are not new to the market,but £40 for one of these rods has to be a gold plated bargain. Yippee

·
Registered
20,936 Posts
Just have to tell you all of the bargain I picked up today. I was out visiting properties throughout Fareham as part of my work, and called in to one of my regular haunts for a cup of coffee. While there the tenant was renovating a reel and we got talking about fishing. It turned out that he was one of these tackle nuts who has to have the latest rod or reel that comes out. He told me that he had to sell a couple of rods to allow him to buy another one. I asked him what he was trying to sell and he went into another room and brought in a Tip Tornado Sport. I asked him what he was asking and he said £50. I tried not to show my amazement and played it cool. Nice rod I said but not worth £50, and he asked me what I thought it would fetch. I said I would be prepared to give £40 as it had a few marks, and he accepted my offer straight away. I know they are not new to the market,but £40 for one of these rods has to be a gold plated bargain. Yippee
:secret:Where do you buy your coffee, I've got a spare £40 or so in my back pocket.:clap3:

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
A very good deal indeed - but if he is a member on here he is going to be a bit irritated if he sees you crowing about the price....:sad:

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A very good deal indeed - but if he is a member on here he is going to be a bit irritated if he sees you crowing about the price....:sad:
He is not a site member Mark (his loss of course), and I see your point. As far as Im concerned although it is a great deal I do not consider it unfair in any way. He was asking £50 and I offered £40. He was happy with the deal and most certainly was I.:happy:

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
i have a tt match had for the sum of £30,the missus came home from work and handed me a rod that an old boy down the pub gave her to give to me,he had brought it a few years back andused it twice and could not get on with it.When i took the rod out of the bag it was a mint zippy ptx 2500 what a happy bunny i was untill some ****** pinched it whilst fishing on the addy,but iam now the proud owner of a pair of hsm's cost £760 (BARGAIN)

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Who'd you get them off then Glen , wasn't a certain fella thats gone off shore fishing ,is it lol

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
the old boy still fishes down at dungie,the guy who sold me the tt match i dont hear from him anymore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts