World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, this is my first catch report in here, and I thought to share with you my latest catches from the beautiful Isle of Skye. I first visited Skye last June and instantly fell in love with the place and the great pollock fishing in particular! Subsequent trips in September and October only seemed to intensify these feelings and thus im now working here for the Summer!
On the fishing now... Ive been here for a month and I found the pollock only at the deeper marks at first (water still 8C then) but lately things are starting to change and fish seem to move in the kelpy bays. The water temp is finally around the 9c mark and things can only get better.
Bellow some pics
https://goo.gl/photos/V2gKezGLynGj8wYc9

and a couple videos.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Brilliant videos there mate, first of at least 2 visits this year in 9 weeks :D wishing my life away to the 24th of July, wee added extra of a day/night in Harris at the start of the trip this time, can't wait :rolleyes:

Cheers Al.

Reactions: Luremaniac

·
Registered
14,978 Posts
Will be there next Saturday, 2 weeks of fishing, walking, fishing, photography, fishing, er.... fishing and .....er um, fishing ..really going to give the lures a good go this year, plus I really fancy a go at the Spurs and Ray, maybe even a shore Conger.

Nice Videos btw.... really get the juices going..

Cant wait.....

Dave

R

·
0 Posts
can't beat the summer lure fishing. just a rod,some lures and plenty fish ! excellent videos there, glad to see you are enjoying the scottish fishing and making the most of it ! keep the reports coming please.
cheers rab

·
Registered
61 Posts
enjoyed the video , yeah skye is a wonderfull isle was born up there so no nearly every loc and fishing spots up there , there is a very good fishing spot up the kyle of lochalsh with in gaelic should say clha bha

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Great vids there bud.

Beside 'the point' and due to the missus with me, i must be the most unluckiest guy when it comes to lure fishing on Skye, i just cant find reachable decent marks and dont know best way to go...lol. Just seem to be fishing into shallow sea lochs with weeins.

Even seen a youtube vid on somebody catching saithe and Pollack on top water lures on Skye.

·
Registered
230 Posts
How about staffin? around the bay. Only a small walk but there are some decent pollock there.

Reactions: Pugs

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Great videos there, and some good fish you caught too. Well done.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great vids there bud.

Beside 'the point' and due to the missus with me, i must be the most unluckiest guy when it comes to lure fishing on Skye, i just cant find reachable decent marks and dont know best way to go...lol. Just seem to be fishing into shallow sea lochs with weeins.

Even seen a youtube vid on somebody catching saithe and Pollack on top water lures on Skye.
Seriously man?! I cant cast a lure without getting a pollock up here! You dont need to walk far into headlands etc up here, from June onwards fish can be found in shallow kelpy bays, and not just small ones...
Staffin is a very good choice although it might be a tad early still for big numbers of fish..
I think the topwater video is one of mine and thats exactly the kind of area that those lures can work...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Going up for a few days at the end of june, plenty of great marks to fish other than Neist Point though. This time i'll be taking a lure rod and a conger rod and that's it ;)

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Seriously man?! I cant cast a lure without getting a pollock up here! You dont need to walk far into headlands etc up here, from June onwards fish can be found in shallow kelpy bays, and not just small ones...
Staffin is a very good choice although it might be a tad early still for big numbers of fish..
I think the topwater video is one of mine and thats exactly the kind of area that those lures can work...
I know, I know, it must be my 'duck' ha-ha, honestly going to try darn hard on Saturady. So, thats you catching them Saithe on top waters, was that later on in the year, might have to get my surface lures oot.

·
Registered
5,523 Posts
Some cracking action there!
Some moans and grunts at some of the sheer power of pollack on light gear.
Great to show the different techniques using the lure rod. Trying to keep the lure close to the kelp with little wrist flicks to entice the pollack to attack.

Looks like you had the island to yourself, thanks for sharing.

Cheers Willie

Reactions: Luremaniac
1 - 20 of 21 Posts