World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Hope you've all had a good weekend so far!

I used to spend alot of time fishing (in the winter) around Sandbanks/Holly bush area, chasing flatties and having alot of fun with it, but for some reason I lost the mojo for it and packed the rods away. Other things happened that further delayed my desire to get back into fishing, however.... it is now starting to return!

I miss spending hours on the beach/a groyne trying to catch, so I want to get back out. I've not actually done much fishing in the summer months, and so I was wondering... is now a good time to return? I'm not expecting miracles, as i'm v.rusty, my rigs will be poor and the weed I imagine could be a pain, but I am just fishing for info really as to whether it's worth it at the moment, or is it too early?

I've just been given two new reels (new to me, they're not actually new) and I'd like to get out and give them a go...

If anyone has fished the area lately, i'd be glad for any info you have?

Thanks in advance,
Mark

C

·
0 Posts
Welcome back Mark, I expect its all much as you left it apart from the number of rays that are to be caught, there has been some protection for them over the last few years and because of that they are there in numbers. Hurst, Southbourne and Chesil have all produced good numbers over the last few years. They are a viable target from all of thise beaches most of the time.
I personally think that we have better numbers of bass inshore this year than for many years....... one thing has not changed..... beach hours and hard work equals more fish!.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome back Mark, I expect its all much as you left it apart from the number of rays that are to be caught, there has been some protection for them over the last few years and because of that they are there in numbers. Hurst, Southbourne and Chesil have all produced good numbers over the last few years. They are a viable target from all of thise beaches most of the time.
I personally think that we have better numbers of bass inshore this year than for many years....... one thing has not changed..... beach hours and hard work equals more fish!.
Thanks for the reply and information Pete, really appreciate it!
It's great to here there are more rays about... it's a species I've never targetted/caught, but would love to add to my species list! That does also go for a bass over the minimum size requirements :happy:
It looks like Southbourne is my best bet so far to start fishing again, if that's producing more than Sandbanks! I've got the experience and comfort of fishing Sandbanks/Holly Bush etc, but if that's not producing, I'll happily get to Southbourne!
I'll just need to work out when to fish, where to park (council are a pain with price increases I believe!) and the best rigs :laugh: Nothing a Google can't help with I'm sure :run:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts