World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and Phil had a little session up past Wivenhoe, hoping that the bass had gone upriver as they sure as hell aren't down the bottom end. I had to park my car in a bit of a dodgy spot, tide wise and in the end I had to move it when it was sitting in about six inches of sea water. I've since had the nice Eastern Europeans at ASDA give the whole car a damned good wash to get rid of all of the salt. I explained what had happened and they gave the underside and wheels and brakes a really good blast off and still only charged me six quid:)

Anyway, as for the fishing it was pretty crap. I had one schoolie and Phil had two. We both missed bites from micro bass, but one thing which was very noticable was the lack of crabs, with our baits remaining unmolested most of the time.

I don't know where to head for next, but it will probably involve rocks and snags in the hope of finding a nice bass.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi i live in hullbridge essex just moved here was talking to some locals and they tell me you get a few bass this far up the river crouch was thinking of having a go next week when the tides r better for me with work.not sure wat woulde be the best bait to use as never shoore fished befor.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
You should know about tides at your tender age Mr.C - but if you're going to park somewhere daft in future can you do it at the end of my road ? We get at least one every year who parks down by the ford and then wonders why their carpet is wet & the car won't start ....... and it gives me minutes of sadistic amusement.

I think I might head back to the open beaches in search of a fish. I did OK a couple of weeks back, but last weekend was just rubbish.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
hi i live in hullbridge essex just moved here was talking to some locals and they tell me you get a few bass this far up the river crouch was thinking of having a go next week when the tides r better for me with work.not sure wat woulde be the best bait to use as never shoore fished befor.
King ragworm is the bait on the Blackwater, would think it would be the same in the Crouch.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
You should know about tides at your tender age Mr.C - but if you're going to park somewhere daft in future can you do it at the end of my road ? We get at least one every year who parks down by the ford and then wonders why their carpet is wet & the car won't start ....... and it gives me minutes of sadistic amusement.

I think I might head back to the open beaches in search of a fish. I did OK a couple of weeks back, but last weekend was just rubbish.
We regularly get people parking on the hard at Tollesbury on the big tides

Feel really sorry for them :spiteful:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I've never seen the tide come so far up on the size that it was. I did keep an eye on proceedings though, otherwise it may have been wet carpet time.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Here you go Issy - the posts mark the edge of the "road", and my neighbour is frequently cut off. People come down here at low tide, park up on the access road and then wander off - not a sensible move for obvious reasons

bit close for comfort.jpg

no through road.jpg

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Good to see I'm missing bugger all at the moment :fishing1: You should have tried for Roach as given the amount of rain that went into it recently I imagine that would have been a better bet :bleh: Noticed the haven sewer plant was kicking up the other day as well and that's never a good omen for the fishing on the upriver marks.

The river always seems to be the same this time of the year anyway with the Bass seeming to be preoccupied with feeding high up and chasing fry ... if the water will clear its time to get the lures out.

Brightlingsea has always had its fair share of the submarine parkers to keep locals amused ... but the best one was the reliant robin that drove down the sailing club concrete slipway and then parked on the mudbank at the end to have a picnic .... hilarious:clap:

·
Registered
158 Posts

Hiya mate

Never had a thing with squid of the shore, stick to rag, bluey, macky, mate. I catch alot in the crouch with a pennel rig with worm with a macky, bluey tip

Good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts