World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beginners like myself are continually posting questions in the forums and are continually getting help and very informed answers. It has just occurred to me that we are receiving the benefit of what must amount to thousands of years of experience. A magazine might have a dozen or so contributors, more or less, we have hundreds. And it is virtually live. We don't have to wait until next months issue.

We have, ladies and gentlemen, a living encyclopaedia.

Fred

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
u could look at it that way...

yes i agree..

we have here a good growing community of knowledgable peeps,,sharing tips an tricks,,
makes fishing alot more interesting,

May it continue to be a great fun and successful place to hang out,,

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Folks,

I agree 100%, my only regret is that we don't meet up with each other.

When you think that we have over 1800 members and yet Gus and myself struggled to get a crew together for a trip out. And yet again Marcus is having the same problem. what is the matter?

Very few members complete their profile when they join, for what reason?? I would be grateful if somebody would give me a reason. I am just curious.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stop your bragging I Hate Whiting, it's unseemly.

Fred

·
Registered
93 Posts
Brilliant site for questions and the answers to your questions before you ansk them.

Thanks Mike

If we all met up what pub would be large enough............

·
Registered
961 Posts
Thats whats so great about angling, you never stop learning and I never stop being amazed by some of the great ideas people come up with. Sharing info is great within sea angling. Try carp angling if you want to see the other side, you have to laugh though, its like a different world !!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Jon,

No thank you, I can't see me sitting on the bank of a river or lake for hours waiting for a fish to bite.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
6 Posts
i don't get on that much anymore due to new work commitments but...fourthed - it has helped me lots since i started out.

jackie

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
i go carp fishing everytime i put home and leisure on,,,Watchin the Jon"madfish" Wilson giggling like a lil girl is as far as i wanna go towards course fishing,,

Coz seriously,,how much more fun can it be,after watching that nutter doing it..lol :D

·
Registered
961 Posts
Yes but it can be funny watching people send their baits out on little boats, so they can drop in exactly the right spot, then set up the electronic alarms and get back in their sleeping bags ........ for a week !!!! if your lucky (sorry skilful) after two days the alarm goes off. You fight your way out of the bag, out of the tent ... in bare feet .... in the rain ..... at two in the morning ! Strike into a fish ..... thats already well hooked. Haul it in as fast as you damn well can, weigh it (then add 5lb). lovely jubly back in the bag. Next morning anyone asks how you got on..... Decisions, decisions, you either a) lie.... you have caught nowt b) yes you have had a '20' but lie about the bait your using, etc, etc.

How do I know this ................ Well I couldn't lie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did though see the light ..... Praise be :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
961 Posts
Should I tell that I once spent over 2 grand on a rod 50' long so I could fish on a dirty canal for 2" roach !!!!!!!!!!!! I was a hopeless case ........ Maybe I still am :eek:

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
This is the BEST AND ONLY SEA ANGLING SITE and i'm extremely proud to be a wee small part of it. ( even if i seem boring?)

Woodster

Long live WSF

B

·
0 Posts
Bloody Hell Jon Law!!
I thought I was mad spending £1000 on a pair of Fly rods to catch trout that I don't eat,but I feel quite sane now! :)

B

·
0 Posts
Woodster!
Put your "small part" away this instant!
If you need a wee - go to the toilet - you naughty boy! :)

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
lol biggie :D
some people spend 100'z on spod rods
which are just for casting a feeder type thing called a spod for putting bait in your swim?
wierd
just buy a dirt cheap sea rod for it? :(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts