World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bradwell report 6th August 09

Met up at the boat at 8am, Steve (Treeman) Alan (roker1) Dave (Batanbowl) and self Aquabell, The tide had just started to flood as we cleared the creek so we had to push against it this slows us down to about 13 knots, but we were happy to do that. First stop a bit of wreckage and down with the feathers nothing, tried three drifts but nothing living there. We learned from another boat that the Mackerel were thin on the ground as well so I decided to go and set the anchor and fish with what we had, Squid and a few Hermits. At the chosen mark the tide was running quite hard and there was a fair amount of weed as well, and the fish were not exactly numerous either.
Alan chopped up the old squid we had brought and loaded the bait dropper,( I am still excused sharp things and engines), and was not long before both he and Steve had fish on from opposite sides of the boat

this was looking good, then Dave got a knock and went for it, it turned out to be a small Tope.

To say that we were busy would be a lie, but we managed a couple more, plus another small Tope

When the tide stopped running I made a bad decision to go inshore, it was a Mare, weed forever and not a single bite. Hope the week end is better.

·
Registered
18,515 Posts
Sea like glass !
The Aardvark really would have flown over that a treat.
Better luck over the weekend.
Cheers,
Davey.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Hi John, great day out, good company, excellent cooking by the CHEF, shame about the fish playing hide & seek, but that fishing for you.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Your day was about the same as my last trip out, biggest smoothhound 5lb, plus a few whiting, no maccies. My pal a good angler, blanked big time which was the first time ive seen that. I am thinking about a night trip, just to see if it makes a difference, we live in hope of a bit more action soon. N.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
at least you got a few mate, might be something in the fresh water rumour, the sea doesn't only look a funny colour at the moment it smells funny too, this far up anyway, i dont think its been the same since the may weed. was out for 12 hours last week & only had 3 bass all day.
steve

·
Registered
217 Posts
The title says it all really and nothing to do with using braid this time, as I left my gear on my boat and used Johns spare gear (mono):headhurt:.
Even a Seal came over to see if he/she could nick some fish from our lines, stayed for half hour or so and thought "sod it".
As john said, after the move not only did the fish totally dry up but the weed was horrendous.

I know Steve (Treeman) no longer uses this site but I'd still like to say well done on his Pb Smoothie of 10lbs.
It was my worst day, fish caught wise, out on either my boat or anyone else's, and it wasn't Johns fault, as all the talk over the radio and those spoken to on the phone, had the same trouble, but the company, food, tea and sun was great, so a big thank you to John for the invite.

·
Registered
710 Posts
shame about the fishing sucked but what a lovly day at the office ?
bit like last fri Dave ???
oh well back to it i supose out tom sat 6am start so hope to do a little
better

·
Registered
306 Posts
John,

Pictures good & Sea looked perfect, fishing almost secondary in those conditions but the ever present expectations of a good day make for some frustration.

Hoping to be out this weekend.

Nice report.

John.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Bradwell report 6th August 09

Met up at the boat at 8am, Steve (Treeman) Alan (roker1) Dave (Batanbowl) and self Aquabell, The tide had just started to flood as we cleared the creek so we had to push against it this slows us down to about 13 knots, but we were happy to do that. First stop a bit of wreckage and down with the feathers nothing, tried three drifts but nothing living there. We learned from another boat that the Mackerel were thin on the ground as well so I decided to go and set the anchor and fish with what we had, Squid and a few Hermits. At the chosen mark the tide was running quite hard and there was a fair amount of weed as well, and the fish were not exactly numerous either.
Alan chopped up the old squid we had brought and loaded the bait dropper,( I am still excused sharp things and engines), and was not long before both he and Steve had fish on from opposite sides of the boat

this was looking good, then Dave got a knock and went for it, it turned out to be a small Tope.

To say that we were busy would be a lie, but we managed a couple more, plus another small Tope

When the tide stopped running I made a bad decision to go inshore, it was a Mare, weed forever and not a single bite. Hope the week end is better.

hows the fingers ??

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
stitches out, ring finger, little finger scabbed over, getting better every day. Thank you for your interest.
John

·
Registered
217 Posts
shame about the fishing sucked but what a lovly day at the office ?
bit like last fri Dave ???
oh well back to it i supose out tom sat 6am start so hope to do a little
better
Oh yes, if days could be likened to relatives, the two days would be twins.:sneaky2:
All I have to do now, is find out how I am going to get rid of my Panda eye sun tan:headhurt:.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts