World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night we fished a local beach. with the only a slight swell left from the easterlies chances where not to great for the bass.
we decided to give it a go anyway and boy was i rewarded.

whiting, dogfish, whiting dogfish. this is how it went for 3 hours. until at high water my ratchet screamed off. picked up the rod and thought i was into a big bass, after a good scrap a lovely silver bar slid up the beach, but it didn't look like a bass.

it was my first ever SALMON only weighing in at 3lbs and a very lean fish but it certainly fought above its weight

and yes the fish was returned to the sea :) shot off like a bullet
we decided to pack up and head over to the west side of the island and try ty croes for a thornie

we arrived around 1am and headed down to the rock mark.
first cast for me was a thornie of about 3lb then another around 5lbs and another around the same weight then the dogs came on the feed hammering every bait we put out. with the odd baby huss having a go. biggest going 6lb

then i was very lucky and hooked into my new pb shore thornie just under the 10lb mark. happy days

not the best picture but i wont forget this one.

G

·
out of interest what did that salmon take as bait? I remember a few years ago two anglers fishing Penmaenmawr beach caught one each on lugworm. It made the Daily Post.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it was on a mackerel fillet. my mate had one in january last year with the same bait in the same waters

·
Registered
8,111 Posts
What a brilliant session! :eek:hmy:

Congratulations on your first salmon and on the PB ray :clap:.

·
Registered
794 Posts
What a cracking night for you:notworthy well done.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Beautiful Salmon, must have been a very good fight, & then a double ray ! One of those unforgettable fishing sessions, well done !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts