World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished this morning on the flood. crab bait. 9am to 12 noon. hooked into 4 bass and lost them, bloody unbelievable never had it happen before. my hooks never let me down before. Had 2 move from mark i was fishing as tide ripping in and getting dangerouus. had one last cast further down beach. gutted because i hadnt scored on the other mark which was now unfishable. resulted in a 41cm bass which was returned (if it aint 45 it stay alive). chuffed i got that one. Gave it a big kiss before i let him go lol. made my day maybe he would have been better off if id eaten him. My picture aint great because its a camera phone. Anyone got a problem with that then send a digital camera to wsf to forward to me cause i cant afford one. The greedy little fish took half a frozen velvet and 2 peeler in one go. Ive been promising this fella who lives up the road that i would catch him a bass for a while now. He said he would sort me out a couple of beers. I guess he's gonna have to wait! still who cares i got 2 cases of gaymers in.:yeah:

Attachments

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
well done getting bass and also unlucky with the others.shaggy

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
nice one on the bass mate,never had 4 come off in one session,in fact havnt lost one this year yet(touch wood) at least you got one.when i am having a session and lots of bites but not connecting with any you always wonder is it the hooks not sharp enough or too big.thats fishin for ya.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nice fish bud,its nice to see there around again.those velvets are killers but dont keep well,cheers daz
I freeze them onto the hook asap, because as you say, they are not as easy to keep as normal peeler.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nice one on the bass mate,never had 4 come off in one session,in fact havnt lost one this year yet(touch wood) at least you got one.when i am having a session and lots of bites but not connecting with any you always wonder is it the hooks not sharp enough or too big.thats fishin for ya.
Now you've done it! you shouldnt have said that. you will lose every one till the end of the year now. lol

Im baffled myself regarding the hooks. Brand new mustad bass hooks. As I said "they never let me down before". I think the combination of the tide ripping in and having to get the bass up and out quick because of the rough ground prob played a big part in it. One of those days i suppose.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
yea i had another "one of those days" today with yet another blank,did have a couple of good bass bites but yet again not connecting.mmmm lets look at those hooks again........got to blame something havnt you?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts