World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So as I had only caught 3 fish in 2016 that didn't include 'ting I was quite keen on upping my species count. So last week I PM'd Fishyley76 to ask him where in Pevensey Bay I would most likely catch something flat, Lee kindly gave me two landmarks to fish between.
So a few txt's to Colin Holland in the week and with XC Weather giving the most favourable conditions for Valentines Day a plan was hatched.
So we meet up at Starbucks at Pevensey Services at 9.30 (do not eat their sausage sarnie, thank god they had decent loo's) then we headed to the Bay.
We arrived at the mark to find our chosen spot pegged for a match, so we walked to the left of the match and set up on a beach, which at low water showed lots of gulleys in the sand.
First cast at about 10.30 using a size 2 2 hook flapper with black lug & squid on the bottom hook and plain lug on the top one.
Very quiet for the first hour, but after the water had reached the shingle I had a good rattle.

Feather

My first Dab since 2014 on black tipped with squid, no ting so target achieved.

Next cast another good rattle and I reeled in

Organism World Electric blue Fish Measuring instrument

A nice flounder again on black tipped with squid. Target achieved again

Shortly after I had another rattle which produced a transparent micro dab again on the tipped bait.

After that although I was still getting rattles no fish were landed for awhile until the dreaded 'ting arrived luckily only one for now.

Colin was struggling until now but he started catching single and double shots of 'ting.

My next fish was a fourth species for the day in a greedy little pout who took the untipped bait.

As time was getting on we decided on one last cast which produced a double shot of 'ting, time to go.

So I ended up with 4 species 2 x Dab, 1 x Flounder 1 x Pout and 3 x 'ting
Colin ended up with god knows how many 'ting maybe a dozen.

I did manage to meet Lee, thanks for the info mate, nice one.

On getting back to the car I felt that I needed the loo so I popped into the Aqua Club to use the facilities (Starbucks revenge). I also bumped into Bubbles, one of the mods on here, what a nice guy and thanks for the most welcome coffee.

So a good day for me some fish good company and met up with some WSF'ers.

Thanks for reading
Tony

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Happy to help mate at least you found some!
I'm gonna ask my mate if he still has my old zeus's if he has will give you a shout

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I fished Whitehorses this afternoon, started off with a couple of pout and a dab and thought, "this is looking good, no whiting yet". 24 whiting later I packed up at 5pm!!

Reactions: Great Toad

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ouchy Ouchy

·
Registered
532 Posts
Ha, I didn't last any where near that. Good excuse to stop early was the England Italian rugger game. 40. 9 . nice win. Bloody cold today as well.
I fished Whitehorses this afternoon, started off with a couple of pout and a dab and thought, "this is looking good, no whiting yet". 24 whiting later I packed up at 5pm!!

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Ha, I didn't last any where near that. Good excuse to stop early was the England Italian rugger game. 40. 9 . nice win. Bloody cold today as well.
Hi Roy, long time since we last spoke, hope your well mate, tight lines Steve

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Got back in time for the second half of the Man City/ Spurs game - great win for Spurs!.

Reactions: Mudsta

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Nicely Done L T
Looked at the weather today...............nice day for some flats thought I. Good pics too.
Cheers
Stevo T

Reactions: fnb

·
Premium Member
25,375 Posts
So as I had only caught 3 fish in 2016 that didn't include 'ting I was quite keen on upping my species count. So last week I PM'd Fishyley76 to ask him where in Pevensey Bay I would most likely catch something flat, Lee kindly gave me two landmarks to fish between.
So a few txt's to Colin Holland in the week and with XC Weather giving the most favourable conditions for Valentines Day a plan was hatched.
So we meet up at Starbucks at Pevensey Services at 9.30 (do not eat their sausage sarnie, thank god they had decent loo's) then we headed to the Bay.
We arrived at the mark to find our chosen spot pegged for a match, so we walked to the left of the match and set up on a beach, which at low water showed lots of gulleys in the sand.
First cast at about 10.30 using a size 2 2 hook flapper with black lug & squid on the bottom hook and plain lug on the top one.
Very quiet for the first hour, but after the water had reached the shingle I had a good rattle.

View attachment 327378

My first Dab since 2014 on black tipped with squid, no ting so target achieved.

Next cast another good rattle and I reeled in

View attachment 327386

A nice flounder again on black tipped with squid. Target achieved again

Shortly after I had another rattle which produced a transparent micro dab again on the tipped bait.

After that although I was still getting rattles no fish were landed for awhile until the dreaded 'ting arrived luckily only one for now.

Colin was struggling until now but he started catching single and double shots of 'ting.

My next fish was a fourth species for the day in a greedy little pout who took the untipped bait.

As time was getting on we decided on one last cast which produced a double shot of 'ting, time to go.

So I ended up with 4 species 2 x Dab, 1 x Flounder 1 x Pout and 3 x 'ting
Colin ended up with god knows how many 'ting maybe a dozen.

I did manage to meet Lee, thanks for the info mate, nice one.

On getting back to the car I felt that I needed the loo so I popped into the Aqua Club to use the facilities (Starbucks revenge). I also bumped into Bubbles, one of the mods on here, what a nice guy and thanks for the most welcome coffee.

So a good day for me some fish good company and met up with some WSF'ers.

Thanks for reading
Tony
Was great to meet you mate, even after introducing myself to totally the wrong person on the beach :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Nice one Tony and well done on getting your dabs.....target achieved.......likenStevr said it did look daby today

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hi Steve.
Yep still out there on Sunday's. Last week was all pout and dabs, and yesterday was mostly yting. Was hoping they had buggered off, but as we had found out they haven't. Will fish the ebb again Sunday.
Roy

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Glad you got a few Tony - would have joined you but was confined to barracks by 'er indoors because I've got a throat infection. Pffft..... Might see if I can sneak out for a sesh later in the week once the antibiotics kick in

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Well done catching the target species. Think you was helped by the mug next to you catching all the whitimg in a 100 yard radius!! ? Good day to get out although chilly at times in the brisk wind.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts