World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this one will take some beating, never seen one before up close and personal!
Unfortunately it won't count for my species hunt as I caught it by hand!
It just goes to show you just don't know what's down there. It found this little chap earlier today when I was looking for weights at low water and the tide had gone out an exceptionally long way with the wind behind it.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
Absolutely brilliant! :clap:

The only other lumpsucker I've ever heard of around here was washed up dead at Cymyran a couple of years ago but I've seen a few reports of them coming inshore to breed early in the year along the south coast of England, perhaps that's what that little beauty was up to? :g:

·
Registered
794 Posts
Absolutely brilliant! :clap:

The only other lumpsucker I've ever heard of around here was washed up dead at Cymyran a couple of years ago but I've seen a few reports of them coming inshore to breed early in the year along the south coast of England, perhaps that's what that little beauty was up to? :g:
So thats what they look like i was talking to a local bait digger last week and he said he had found two together, one was dead and one on its last legs, he said that they stay together in the breeding season and attack anything that comes near, the ones he found were the best part of ten pounds, (or was he pulling my chain:sneaky2:)

·
Registered
692 Posts
It's amazing the diversity out there isn't it. You'd think it was all dogfish and shore crabs most of the time so it's nice to see something like this :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
So thats what they look like i was talking to a local bait digger last week and he said he had found two together, one was dead and one on its last legs, he said that they stay together in the breeding season and attack anything that comes near, the ones he found were the best part of ten pounds, (or was he pulling my chain:sneaky2:)[/QUO

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep Great fish the records for them are massive. Shore is 20lb 9oz and boat is 10lb 12oz!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts