World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday was given over to getting my Hazel afloat again after 12 months of battling cancer, ending on a positive note, cancer can be beaten!! We took Solent Warrior for a gentle trip up the river Stour, I could not resist the chance of a drift or two for some bass. The weather was sunny, a few schoolies obliged, in all we had a very relaxing afternoon.

Sunday was a '?' sort of day, But Hazel wanted to do some work around the house, so a few brownie points were dished out. 7am at the marina, 100 yards visibility?? I dont like fog, but SW has a brand new Furuno radar, plotter/GPS, full safety kit, and my crew both have radar experience. So, learn on the job!!!

We got to our 'Rough Towers' mark as the tide was beginning to flood. Fog, an east wind, all be it a light east wind, I could have stayed tucked up in my pit:unsure: Any how, we were soon into fish, a few small smoothounds, plus the inevitable 'crufts dog show'.

Pleasant day, although a little sloppy because of the wind direction. Crab was the bait for the hounds. Mike had an excellent double figure roker, which just would not come off the bottom for what seemed like an age!!!

Roddy took this 10lb common Smoothound

Then a rod bender to christen Roddie's brand new FOX/Abu 7500 combination:

. . . a 14lbs starry Smoothound that just did not want to be photographed!!:clap3: :

We were back in the Marina by 3pm, that was going to get real snotty when the tide turned, the E wind was freshening, as they said it would on the forecast. Home by 4.30pm finish this report, shower and then roast beef and Yorkshire puds! yum:clap2:

ET's OPO

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Nice to hear a positive report especially on the home front. It would appear that the fishing is not bad either, hope all goes well in the future.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
well done mate, now how you feel on teh cancer front as my mother in law got through a real bad year last year and now given the all clear.

well done on a nice day fishing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts