World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Power to the peaceful
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thought this was worth sharing with you.....
was out off fowey with Aj...fisherman figg + figg jnr ben who are down on hols from kent..
fishing a sand bank in 90ft of water....john dory here took a 4inch squid on a 5/0....
did not weigh him...just wanted to get a pic and get him back in the water sharpish....
he was a broozer....and a pleasure to see.......

vid here..........he sat on the surface for a few seconds then shot off...

·
Doggystyles
5,037 Posts
You jammy git! cracking dory:punk: Me personally i would have unzipped it there and then but fair play for returning it :)

·
Registered
710 Posts
what an incredible fish
nice one you bayz

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
This specie is the jewel in the crown imo, the jaw mechanism is awesome mother nature at its finest, probably 1 of the best eating fish in the sea and i can't kill it, well done Phil another 'blue' pb to you m8.:1a:
Nice to catch up with you Alan + Ben and finally get a trip after last years weather put a stop to it, 8 species and some good banter thoroughly enjoyed it, anytime your down weather and time permitting we'll do it again fella.
Good luck for the rest of the week :sun:and safe journey home. Aje :fishing1::thumbs:

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Fantastic fish! They just look awesome. An old schoolfriend of mine lost one at the net when mulleting from the shore in the early 90's. Never to be repeated. Cheers for sharing.
Sam

·
Registered
462 Posts
They really are an awesome looking fish, and I love the way their jaw mechanism works. Top marks guys.:sun:

·
Registered
328 Posts
was out of fowey a couple of years ago, about 3 i think, anyway we were drifting over a sand bank, about 90ft again, and i fluked one on unbaited 3 string of feathers! took this one home and it was very tasty! Was only out on a 2 hour mackerel boat and we caught pout, pollock, whiting, mackies, codling, 1 bass and a john dorry, was amazing!

·
Registered
25,175 Posts
Right on!!!!! A lovely fish,did you press the button to make it buzz??? Fair play for releasing it,my dad would have a fit if i let one go like that:headhurt:

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Right on!!!!! A lovely fish,did you press the button to make it buzz??? Fair play for releasing it,my dad would have a fit if i let one go like that:headhurt:
ffffff cough c fish u would smash any fish on the swede, fancy blaming your dad

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.