World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the promise of good weather for the weekend, I booked Friday off work and headed up to the Llyn on Thursday night.

Friday morning I took an early morning trip to Carreg y Dafaid. It was surprisingly cold until the sun came up and the fishing was slow. Had a nice sized Doggie early on and then it went quiet. I took the opportunity to wet a few new lures and see how to work them, which should pay dividends in the coming months. Weed started to become a real problem as high tide approached. I hauled in a second Doggie in amongst an equal weight in weed. I decided to sack it in favour of a good breakfast.

I hadn't planned to fish on Saturday, in favour of some exploring with Mrs Wobbler and the dog. Pwllheli beach showed signs that the rays were in, with a couple of mangled Thornback carcasses along the high tide line

Later in the day, the travel and exploration paid dividends as I found a nice free crab shop and a bonus bed of Black Lug. Not that common on the Llyn!

I also managed a cheeky couple of hours back on Pwllheli beach. I managed to avoid the blank with another dog and couple of small Dabs. There was a match on South beach with about 10 or so "anglers". It was disappointing to find their rubbish strewn along the beach today (sandwich boxes, drinks bottles and paper wraps). Shame on you, whoever you were.

I sat in the van last night pondering where to go this morning. Down the end on a Tope hunt or some LRF'ing on the north shore. After Penn's excellent report, I decided on the latter and spent a lovely morning wandering around Port Dinllaen. Second cast and I was straight into my first Pollack of the day on a 70mm FBM

Try as I might, I couldn't find any Silver bars as Jon had done, perhaps partly due to the seal that decided to follow me around for much of the morning, perhaps because water clarity wasn't so great. Who cares, I enjoyed myself all the same. Lot's of Pollack of around 120z to 1lb. Great fun on seriously light tackle.

So nothing spectacular, but enjoyable all the same.

Best of all, I get to do it all again next weekend :)

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Well done sounds like a nice weekend, not sure whats happened to the poor Ray but sounds like the match anglers could do with a bit of the same treatment for leaving rubbish about;)

·
The Ultra light Always doing it in style
4,950 Posts
It's always excellent fun with the sanded down tooth pick. Pm sent.

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
Some nice fishing there Kev despite the lack of bass and a cracking report :cool:.

A shame to hear about the after match litter though, you would think a club would behave more responsibly :mad:, hopefully they'll read this and act more responsibly next time.

Reactions: Wobbler72

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great report (agree re litterers surely it's known who they were?) Am writing down all these lures. Have decided to chuck most of what I've got (or lose them) why were there Ray carcasses? Netters?
Not sure Glyn. There were quite a few Spotted Ray carcasses a few weeks ago. Pretty sure they had been taken by Seals. Not sure about these Thornies though. I didn't see any nets over the weekend, and \I walked most of it.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Not sure Glyn. There were quite a few Spotted Ray carcasses a few weeks ago. Pretty sure they had been taken by Seals. Not sure about these Thornies though. I didn't see any nets over the weekend, and \I walked most of it.
The onshore breeze last week ensured lots of crap on the beach, the Thorneys could have come from anywhere really, bad news about the beach rubbish from the match anglers I would have thought clubs would have got this sorted by now!!

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Good report and pics. Wonder how that ray met it's demise?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.