World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
South Coast Forum Moderator
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my previously mentioned, fairly miserable and very expensive few weeks, I disappeared for a well overdue night's fishing on the South Coast, in the New Forest and to stay at my mate's chalet.

I'm quite knackered and up for work early, so, just for a change, I will keep the report as short as my waffle will allow!

Got there, first night, high SW winds.....and we couldn't keep a bait in the water for more than 10 seconds, before it was beached with 2lb of weed! :cry:

Feeling relaxed nonetheless (being away can do that), I rang my boss and arranged to be off work for the whole week, deciding that stress busting could be arranged without the fishing being great.

Next night, just a gentle SW, no weed? and Robbie and I managed over 50 bass (and a tiny flounder!), in less than 5 hours!! 5 bass were over 2lb, the rest were 1 1/2lb or less.....so we got some keepers for the table and had a wonderful evening. :yahoo: It really was a fantastic, manic and most enjoyable short session. :roll1:

Sorry to all those who enjoy the piccies.....but I only took one of the mini flounder (which I will post later, if I get time...just 'cos' it was soo pretty). I figure that everyone knows what 2lb bass look like! :fish:

My kids came down for the rest of the week and apart from a couple of 1 hour sessions, when we just took the kids down to catch a couple of basslets, to keep them encouraged.....we didn't fish further; just chilled out and relaxed. :marinheir

I am now happy to be back (no...really! lol :bb:), far less stressed and I promise my next report will be the usual waffling load of old cobblers (without many fish), that you have all come to love and expect!! lol.

Off to bed in a minute.....early start at work. BOOOOO!

G'nite all.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
nice little report ther! sounds very relaxing
love thos manic little sessions
tho gota say increasingly few and far between for
me these days!
well done mate!

·
South Coast Forum Moderator
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice little report ther! sounds very relaxing
love thos manic little sessions
tho gota say increasingly few and far between for
me these days!
well done mate!
Cheers Geoff.......Was a most enjoyable week and those little bass certainly made for a hectic few hours! :fish:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts