World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.

Where should I go fishing around the Cardiff or Barry area on Sunday? I've blanked the last couple of times and am looking for somewhere that is likely to give me a fish. Need to get a bit of the confidence back. Fished at the Barrage last weekend, and regularly go to Penarth but have not had any luck lately.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I'm a bit of a novice at this fishing business and not sure what marks fish well at what times. Thanks for reading my message.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Looking at the reports on the WSF forum, the knap beach is reliable for doggies and the Odd ray. Just get yourself some decent bait and get to the beach!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hi Mate I Would Agree With The Squid Go To The Knapp At Night So Many Doggies At Mo Hard To Blank Caught All Mine On Sandeel.hope That Helps!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
blanked 4 times in a row lately. went to porthcawl pier thursday. loads of doggies caught. Hoorray! but also others caught a 12Ib skate there, and rays and pollack the night before. got my confidence back, might work for you, although it's a little bit further for you to travel.
maybe you ought to use smallish hooks, 3 hook flappers. that might increase your chance of a fish. hope you catch some soon, mate.

78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.

Think I will head down the Knap tomorrow night then. Cheers for the advise and tight lines to you all. Will post a report when we get back.

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
Was considering the knap on Sunday night, but the weather is pants, wind and heavy rain coming in, wind speeds of 20mph from the West, going to give that a miss I think. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts