World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought it was about time i bunged a catch report in :fishing1:

High tide last night was 10.30pm so me and Dimitrios74 got the rods out again for only our second fishing session of the year so far :yeah:

First chuck was at 7.30pm and was a moderate flick out with a fresh black on a single-hook clipped and by 7.45pm the first of the (many) pins was on the shingle :busted_co:

Ballcocks ! The plan to fish the more shallow part of Lancing to try and avoid the tings hadn't worked :doh:

By 7.50pm i was already bored (moaning :) ) and already asking Dimitrios if he wanted to go yet :unsure:

(You know what it's like folks ! When you catch the first one, you just know there are a million more of the little darlings out there waiting to gobble up whatever you send out there so why put yourselves through it eh :ahhh: )

But put ourselves through it we did.....all the way up to high tide and half an hour beyond.....nutters :bangin:

Baits were gobbled up with gusto every chuck by you know what, with the occasional visit to the hook by something different. Dimitrios had a few chucks with whole squid and picked up 3 Dogs (to go with his lug/king caught Plaice and tings) while i scratched around close in with fresh black for a solitary Doggie and the inevitable ting 'n' ling :fishing:

Dimitrios dropped me off at my gaff at about 11.30pm, thanked me for sharing a lovely evening with him (haha) and told me never to f..king call him again (he didn't really say that but i bet he was thinking it.....promises of Bass can do that to a fella :boxing: ).

I realise everyone knows what a fish looks like but it wouldn't be me would it, without a couple of mug shots to go with a report :laugh:

Tight lines folks !

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice report Billy and love the pics.
Just off down your way, hope the plaice come out to play.

Tony
Happy hunting Tony :fishing1: :fish: :fishing:

Could be a good day for a spotty or two down there (if the 'pins' have gone to bed that is ) :)

Registered
Lovely looking plaice, that has to be worth the trip. However, for elf and safety feel a warning, that this post may contain pictures of Colin, should be included in the title! I'm worried about what might happen to mmad:roll1:

Registered
Billy your opening post reminds me why I became a boat angler :wallbash:

We have days like that afloat as well mate.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lovely looking plaice, that has to be worth the trip. However, for elf and safety feel a warning, that this post may contain pictures of Colin, should be included in the title! I'm worried about what might happen to mmad:roll1:
I hear ya about Craig and his affliction.....poor bloke :laugh:

The humble rockling has had a few 'names' stuck on it over the years hasn't it. No idea where you guys got the 'colin' idea from or what that's about ? My personal favourite nickname for a rockling is a 'slug'. I can still remember the day i first realised what people were talking about and it proper cracked me up :lmao:

Cheers for the reply Francis.....it's much appreciated :thumbs:

Billy your opening post reminds me why I became a boat angler :wallbash:

We have days like that afloat as well mate.
Thought it might even be worth discussing Reg if you or anyone else reading this thread wants to have a look here :sun:

http://www.worldseafishing.com/foru...312446-ting-ting-its-shore-fishing-thing.html

Registered
Fisho
Great report and pics. Your dogs are well behaved, the Seaford variety curl up like a little brown Richard the third, perhaps they are just shy. More pout than ting at Seaford Friday, it's a funny old game.
Nicely done for breaking the chains to the pc mate !
See you again soon maybe.
Stevo T

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fisho
Great report and pics. Your dogs are well behaved, the Seaford variety curl up like a little brown Richard the third, perhaps they are just shy. More pout than ting at Seaford Friday, it's a funny old game.
Nicely done for breaking the chains to the pc mate !
See you again soon maybe.
Stevo T
Hey Steve

Regarding the highlighted bit above.....didn't i mention that i fancy myself as a bit of a 'dog whisperer' on the quiet.....when you get your next dog, talk to it and give it a little stroke.....they'll do anything you want then mate :crazy:

Playing catch up a bit today on the forums. I'll be round yours for a chat in a bit. Might have a suggestion regarding wednesday's LISA meeting, depending how far down the road you are with that one :unsure:

Hold tight.....on't way round soon :thumbs:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Billy,
The name came about after I named MMAD's pet rockling Colin. It's pleasantly taken off :oops:
Did i read that right Tony.....Craig has a 'pet' rockling

The 'Colin' thing is worse than i thought if Craig is making pets out of rockling.....probably need to begin summer treatment programme to stop it happening again next season

Registered
Hey Steve

Regarding the highlighted bit above.....didn't i mention that i fancy myself as a bit of a 'dog whisperer' on the quiet.....when you get your next dog, talk to it and give it a little stroke.....they'll do anything you want then mate :crazy:

Playing catch up a bit today on the forums. I'll be round yours for a chat in a bit. Might have a suggestion regarding wednesday's LISA meeting, depending how far down the road you are with that one :unsure:

Hold tight.....on't way round soon :thumbs:
Ok Fisho
Wealth of opportunity for jokes here but............I am going to be strong ! Regarding Wednesdays Lisa venue, just a couple of names pencilled in. Always open to a suggestion mate.
Regards
Stevo T

Registered
My mate had same results last week at Lancing, slugs and mini 'tings topped of with some doggies, same for me the week before that.
Seem to be a lot of doggies around at the moment everywhere, don't seem to remember this time last year getting so many do you ?
Distinct lack of flatties compared to last year though, think the storms have a lot to answer for, be interesting to see what the summer brings !
Don.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.