World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the wind dropped, the showers and hail storms disappeared and I had circa two hrs from 8pm. Had to, so I did, some frozen black and squid, and I was on the Seaford Shingle by 810pm.

First Tings first, avoid the blank. Both rods size twos. After three chucks and 5 Tings, also a lost hook and escaped fish (assume ting) time to up the anti. Live bait rig rod one, and a 4/0 with squid rod two. Not long after rod two went out, it gets a few knocks, then a big knock. I struck, a fish certainly bigger than a ting, a doggy of around 35cms.

Plenty of knocks after that on the 4/0. A few missed bites, and on the last chuck one was lost in the gutter, suspecting another doggie. The live bait rig bounced around a bit, but no joy.

By 1030 I was on my way home. Circa two hours of fishing 5 Tings and a doggy, which is 3rd species of the year (excluding ling, they don't count). Oh that's another plus to the evening no Colin's.:cool:

Have a good week all, up the LISA's!

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
No Colins, shame on you.

3rd rule on LISA constitution is to catch, photograph all Colins and post said photograph to ensure the the sale of Remy to MMAD.

I now am a major share holder in the Remy brand, Major sponsor to LISA.

:drunk:

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Nicely done Commander
Good short sharp session.
Regards
Stevo T

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welldone mate, notching up the species nicely, however........sooner rather than later, you will have don the bigboy pants and get some more hours out of the fpo,,,,, imagine what youd get with 8 hrs under your belt a week, none meant, craig
One of the greatest pluses of where I live is I can pop down with no planing for a quick bash, the heart ache is when I look at great conditions and can't fish. I would love to get even a reliable 4/5 hrs a week, I dream of 12, low/high/low or the other way around.

This year I will take some time off work to fish all sorts of hours, to experiment bait and rigs etc. As for the FPO I'm working on that, shame she doesn't like fish. I have pointed out this is her fault. Had she not moved me from Bromley to Seaford I wouldn't have seen people catching fish and thought....that looks fun!

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
One of the greatest pluses of where I live is I can pop down with no planing for a quick bash, the heart ache is when I look at great conditions and can't fish. I would love to get even a reliable 4/5 hrs a week, I dream of 12, low/high/low or the other way around.

This year I will take some time off work to fish all sorts of hours, to experiment bait and rigs etc. As for the FPO I'm working on that, shame she doesn't like fish. I have pointed out this is her fault. Had she not moved me from Bromley to Seaford I wouldn't have seen people catching fish and thought....that looks fun!
O, im a chislehurst boy, cant say I miss it up there, can say I love it down here

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
O, im a chislehurst boy, cant say I miss it up there, can say I love it down here
Well how about that, I wouldn't move back for all the tea in china, even though I still commute to London everyday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts