World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the eye catching title, in full, it was a quick 2 hr session (3-5 pm) to use up about 30 yellows and squid/cuttle, leftover from yesterday, fishing at the pink shoe Sandwich bay .

Sea state - sh*tty, in your face wind (SE) and big waves - Good fun!
Expectations - Hopefully no whiting and with a fools chance of codling

Dad's first cast- he just about gets over the first breaker (~50 yrds), being honest I probably didn't get much further coz of the wind and tide! 5 min later Dad has a quick snatch and a lively bite, which turned out to be school bass, which was put back safely. Joy a different fish, just 10X smaller than we want. I then get excited, still long dreaming of beating my PB (caught in a similar sea about 8-9 yrs ago), so I fire out squid head cocktails or whole squid. Then what follows, a slight knock and the line goes slack...Reeled in slack and you guessed it...your favorite fish...a whiting. Must have knocked the weight and the tide and heavy waves done the rest. And that was all to follow. Despite heavy waves and line getting trapped under the breakers, bites and whiting every cast (nothing to squid/worm cocktails, only caught on yellows). Sods law, if there was a chance of a better fish, we just run out of bait (I should have pumped for longer yesterday).

Anyhow for 2 hrs, together we finished up with about 15 whiting, 1 school bass, but that was all there was to be. Also somehow managed to fall over during a pendulum (foot slipped/trying to bang it too hard) and what a result I didn't snap off, lol.

And what of the pink shoe you ask? For the last three trips, we've fished in the same spot at Sandwich bay, marked by a pink girls shoe. Unfortunately at some point a big wave washed her away and she is no more. Perhaps I'll find it next week whilst collecting bait.

Gollum will return next week...also just won £20 as Sunderland-Newcastle drew and QPR-Everton drew, result!

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
The cod will be there m8, hopefully shortly, after some more big winds i'd expect to see a few show their faces around that area:thumbs:

·
The Cod Obsessed one.
15,553 Posts
Nice report, thanks.

Ill put a pound bet on that the masses still head to Dungeness this week, despite the likes of the bay, deal etc etc being a much better bet.

No good chasing them, far better to intercept em :)

·
Registered
PB BASS 75CM
7,953 Posts
Nice report, thanks.

Ill put a pound bet on that the masses still head to Dungeness this week, despite the likes of the bay, deal etc etc being a much better bet.

No good chasing them, far better to intercept em :)
alex im fishing the bay sat nite your more than welcome to join me then we can go to casting showing of are coddies
are you out sat nite si

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.